There's a VZW Premium Retailer just outside the Saladworks I frequent. Just for chuckles and grins I walked in and asked him, "What percentage of Tours are you seeing returned due to hardware issues?"

He looked at me like I had two heads.

I elaborated, "Because of screen ripples, bad trackballs, loose battery doors."

He then showed me his Tour, so I could see just how perfect the screen was, how tight the battery door was and how easily the trackball moved. He then called across the store to another salesperson and asked if he had heard about any of these issues. He also had no idea what I was talking about.

So... were the reps...

A. Clueless
    B. Full of crap
    C. The problems reported on this board are vastly overblown

Based on the reaction of the sales folks and the polls I've seen here, I'm very hopeful that when I pick up my Tour this weekend, it's unlikely I'll need to return it.

Greg
    08-18-09 09:28 AM
    all of the above. first working at a premium retailer they aren't really going to see returns, because they don't do warranty exchanges. Those stores are pretty much worthless to deal with.

I will give them clueless/full of **** combo as they probably had heard of it but since they can't do any troubleshooting/exchanging in their locations they probably also don't know.

And lastly yes these issues are very much overblown. Many of the issues are minor on people phones but because they read about it here they decide their phone is royally screwed up. I'm not denying there are some phones that have issues, but people here notoriously freak out over the smallest details that would never have been noticed if someone else hadn't pointed it out and made 3 threads about it here.
    Last edited by jcharris08; 08-18-09 at 09:35 AM.
    08-18-09 09:32 AM
    A little bit of all three, I'm sure.
    08-18-09 09:33 AM
    and the winners are...

A. Clueless! If this is there business. It's what they do for a living. How do they not keep on top of what is happenting with the products they carry? It's embarassing for them. Or at least, should be.
    AND
    B. Full of crap! I think some of it is they know and just try to keep things on the down low so people don't get over excited.
    08-18-09 10:55 AM
    Ummm wait.. OP you still have a Saladworks??? Man!!! That place is the bomb!

**We now return you to your regularly scheduled CB****
    08-18-09 11:23 AM
    There's a VZW Premium Retailer just outside the Saladworks I frequent. Just for chuckles and grins I walked in and asked him, "What percentage of Tours are you seeing returned due to hardware issues?"

He looked at me like I had two heads.

I elaborated, "Because of screen ripples, bad trackballs, loose battery doors."

He then showed me his Tour, so I could see just how perfect the screen was, how tight the battery door was and how easily the trackball moved. He then called across the store to another salesperson and asked if he had heard about any of these issues. He also had no idea what I was talking about.

So... were the reps...

A. Clueless
    B. Full of crap

Based on the reaction of the sales folks and the polls I've seen here, I'm very hopeful that when I pick up my Tour this weekend, it's unlikely I'll need to return it.

Greg
    the issues on this site are extremely overblown. even though i had a trackball issue. the amount of problems is less than 5%. ive seen them come back for trackball stuff, not screen ripple or bat door. MOST people dont notice or care. ive maybe seen 3 returns and only caught 1 before it went out. 1 bt issue, and 2 mic sounding muffled issues for the record.
    08-18-09 12:10 PM
    Ummm wait.. OP you still have a Saladworks??? Man!!! That place is the bomb!
    LOL. Yes. And I agree.

Greg
    08-18-09 01:24 PM
    i think a bit of all three options are true. but keep in mind that people that complain are more likely to tell someone than people that are satisfied. a lot of the issues on here are seriously being blown out of proportion.
    08-18-09 01:30 PM
    I'd say a combo of all three.
    08-18-09 01:31 PM
    In my experience, the Premium Retailers are mostly full of crap with a little bit of cluelessness. I bought my Storm from a local premium retailer on release day and learned a valuable lesson: don't buy from an independent premium retailer. At least not the one by me. When I went back a week later with a screen full of dust blobs and a screen that wouldn't click in the corners, he claimed to not know of any of it. Never heard of any of those issues. Mind you, there were posts all over the "interweb" about the dust issues and clicking issues. He wouldn't exchange it and refused to acknowledge there were any issues. I then called up VZW BB support and had a new one the next day, which by the way, 10 months later still has no dust or clicking issues like the first one.
    08-18-09 01:58 PM
    Combo of all 3 choices. They'll never admit to the real return percentage. Also, the people on these boards are typically users that notice more detail with things like the loose door, so, many users out there never even frequent boards like these. Also, the complainers are always louder than those that have no issues.
    08-18-09 02:21 PM
    last night I had Sprint looking at their repair systems stats and they told me across long island NY, my BB tour was the only one been serviced... LOL
    08-18-09 02:40 PM
    I tend to avoid the authorized retailers. Ive been in 2, they dont have real phones displayed and they have high pressure sales people. I walked into on one time and the salesperson asked me 5 question about my phones before I was in there for 30 seconds and no further than 5 feet inside the place. I will only go to a actual Verizon store, I can look at the phones without being bothered and theyre real phones.
    08-18-09 03:40 PM
    definitely A and B and as far as C goes... it's enough to make we wait just a little longer for a absolute fix
    08-18-09 05:08 PM

people come to msg board when they have issues.
    08-18-09 06:09 PM
    my verizon stores here have not heard of any problems with the Tours either. when i brought my tour in one time they said thats the first they have heard of any problems with the Tours.

people on this board blow things way out of control.... truth is, verizon is not seeing a lot of returns with the tours.... storm though, they are still seeing many returns
    08-18-09 06:22 PM

people come to msg board when they have issues.
    I agree that most issues are overblown on boards, but that isn't to say the problems don't exist. My screen has ripples and my battery door is loose.

But, I also found that most blackberry owners, especially ones that work for Verizon spend just as much time at Crackberry as us normal people. haha.. Like we are normal.

So, I say full of crap.
    08-18-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD