So, the Tour is hitting VZW in a few weeks.

For those of us already ON a 2 year plan, how exactly do we trade in our Storms for Tours?

Do we need to be "eligible" for an upgrade?

How much do we get by turning in our Storm, and how much is the Tour without the 2 year price plan?
    06-26-09 08:58 PM
    there is no "turn in" program...basically, if you upgraded to a storm, you're looking at the full retail price if you have no eligible upgrades on your account

so you're looking roughly between $500-600 depending on the full retail price which hasn't been announced
    06-26-09 09:00 PM
    Ill pay retail and sell my storm on ebay.
    06-26-09 09:00 PM
    So we get nothing for trading in our Storms?

so you're looking roughly between $500-600 depending on the full retail price which hasn't been announced
    Ouch...

It surprises me that so many people talk so casually about getting the Tour when it comes out, when in reality, that means shelling out ~$500.

That's a lot for a phone.
    06-26-09 09:02 PM
    Correct. Verizon doesn't offer a trade-in program.
    06-26-09 09:04 PM
    blackberry.com

has a upgrade program where they will give you money for your old one..

but you may be able to get more money selling else where
    06-26-09 09:07 PM
    So we get nothing for trading in our Storms?

Ouch...

It surprises me that so many people talk so casually about getting the Tour when it comes out, when in reality, that means shelling out ~$500.

That's a lot for a phone.
    there are a lot of CB users that have upgrades ready...the 2 year contract price will be $199.99 after all of the rebates, but if you can't resign a contract, you're looking at the $500+ full retail price.

trust me, i work for a VZE store and i know what it will be like 7/12. full retails and early upgrades, galore.
    06-26-09 09:07 PM
    What if you just got a Storm and are within your 30 days when it comes out?
    06-26-09 09:48 PM
    What if you just got a Storm and are within your 30 days when it comes out?
    You can exchange it but you will have to pay a $35 restocking fee.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 06-26-09 at 09:55 PM.
    06-26-09 09:53 PM
    everyone should check their online accts for early upgrade dates. i was due for NE2 last july and never used it, waiting for the storm. used NE2 in Nov....checked online, and I am eligible for discounted pricing on 7/24.

worth the check...you never know!
    06-26-09 09:55 PM
    You can exchange it but you will have to pay a restocking fee.
    Re-stocking fee? When did they start that?

The second you tell them you will just return it, pay the re-stocking fee and leave, they will waive everything. Make sure they dont get you on double activation fees either.

Most people pay their wireless providers thousands a year, its ridiculous that they will expect you to pay $70 dollars to "activate" your phone, ie do NOTHING.
    06-26-09 09:56 PM
    Re-stocking fee? When did they start that?

The second you tell them you will just return it, pay the re-stocking fee and leave, they will waive everything. Make sure they dont get you on double activation fees either.

Most people pay their wireless providers thousands a year, its ridiculous that they will expect you to pay $70 dollars to "activate" your phone, ie do NOTHING.
    with our store now, if you bring the phone back and not get another one, you will still pay the restocking fee...our store will not waive that fee anymore due to our manager
    06-26-09 10:17 PM
    with our store now, if you bring the phone back and not get another one, you will still pay the restocking fee...our store will not waive that fee anymore due to our manager
    There is 2 times it should be charged...

1) if a customer exchanges his/her phone for a phone with another SKU
    2) if a customer returns a phone and then within 3 days comes back to buy another one.

In these cases, the computer system will automatically add the restocking fee. otherwise it will not. If it does not automatically pop up, it shouldnt be charged...
    06-26-09 10:29 PM
    I'm a VIP, so I don't get charged that fee.
    06-27-09 08:05 AM
    What's a VIP? I heard someone else mention a "VIP Upgrade". What exactly is that?
    06-27-09 08:13 AM
    What's a VIP? I heard someone else mention a "VIP Upgrade". What exactly is that?
    People with 79.99+ on their primary line of individual line. Have to have good payments and maintain the plan. You will then receive a VIP card in mail with various benefits. No processing fee, 500 amnesty minutes, waive activation fee, early upgrade after 1 year on primary line with $50 off, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 08:22 AM
    VIP's don't get it waived anymore in our store. Not really sure if it's under a manager's discretion, but everyone gets charged it no matter what.

Sadly, it's come down to even people who walk right out of the store, and come back to get a different model, we charge it.
    06-27-09 08:43 AM
    I have an upgrade on July 12th...coincidence? I think not! lol
    06-27-09 09:27 AM
    no, that is not correct.

Benefits include:
    � Annual upgrade with $50 equipment discount
    � 25% off accessories
    � No activation fees or device initiation fees
    � Free shipping
    � Proactive usage alerts (e.g. text alerts)
    � 100% credit for overage once per enrollment year

but good luck
    06-27-09 09:50 AM
    so if i can upgrade after a year and get the proactive usage alerts on my phone, does that mean im a VIP cutomer?
    06-27-09 10:23 AM
    VIP's don't get it waived anymore in our store. Not really sure if it's under a manager's discretion, but everyone gets charged it no matter what.

Sadly, it's come down to even people who walk right out of the store, and come back to get a different model, we charge it.
    Umm let me know what store you are on. Because if I had to deal with that crap I would insult the manager so f-in much

On the other hand if you were lucky like me with the phone, you might be able to exchange the phone, big maybe! I have changed my storm 6 times or so, and called VZW about problems a nice amount of times. To the point they see me and ask me if I want to replace it LOL
    Last edited by Venc; 06-27-09 at 10:59 AM.
    06-27-09 10:51 AM
    Why don't you add a line to your account
    06-27-09 11:20 AM
    Umm let me know what store you are on. Because if I had to deal with that crap I would insult the manager so f-in much

On the other hand if you were lucky like me with the phone, you might be able to exchange the phone, big maybe! I have changed my storm 6 times or so, and called VZW about problems a nice amount of times. To the point they see me and ask me if I want to replace it LOL
    You're missing the point... There is never a restocking fee for a phone exchanged under manufacturing waranty.
    06-27-09 11:20 AM
    You're missing the point... There is never a restocking fee for a phone exchanged under manufacturing waranty.
    The guy said that his manager charges everybody a restocking fee
    06-27-09 11:29 AM

Your manager sounds like he or she needs some customer service training not to mention the dire need for real people skills.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 11:34 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD