I've pre-ordered...but am now wondering what would happen if I went into my VZW store on the 12th and upgraded in person. Would the store be able to cancel the pre-order scheduled for delivery?
    07-06-09 05:25 PM
    I've pre-ordered...but am now wondering what would happen if I went into my VZW store on the 12th and upgraded in person. Would the store be able to cancel the pre-order scheduled for delivery?
    i was thinking of doing this in case i didn't get in line in time and my store was sold out.

would they be able to cancel the online order if i made it in time live?
    07-06-09 05:29 PM
    You wouldn't be able to do both.. either the pre-order would go through and the store can't do another order or it would be available then the pre-order wouldn't go through.
    07-06-09 05:37 PM
    You wouldn't be able to do both.. either the pre-order would go through and the store can't do another order or it would be available then the pre-order wouldn't go through.
    NOT TRUE!
    I spoke with a VZW rep today and he said that if I got the phone on the 12th, the phone would still ship out on the 13th. All you have to do is decline the Fed-Ex package on the 14th. Then it would go back to verizon and that's that.
    If you pre-ordered the phone and decide to go to the store on Sunday it WILL NOT affect your upgrade/ new every 2 or anything.

Once you pre-ordered the phone through either the VZW website or 611 you cannot cancel it. You just have to decline the package.
    07-07-09 12:19 AM
    NOT TRUE!
    I spoke with a VZW rep today and he said that if I got the phone on the 12th, the phone would still ship out on the 13th. All you have to do is decline the Fed-Ex package on the 14th. Then it would go back to verizon and that's that.
    If you pre-ordered the phone and decide to go to the store on Sunday it WILL NOT affect your upgrade/ new every 2 or anything.

Once you pre-ordered the phone through either the VZW website or 611 you cannot cancel it. You just have to decline the package.
    It surprises me that it wouldn't show up in their in store computer that you'd already used your upgrade to pre order. Or, that when they go to process your pre order, it wouldn't show up that you used it in store. Sounds questionable.....
    07-07-09 12:40 AM
    Yeah, sounds to me like that rep didn't know the deal..

The computer will automatically reject it, in all likelyhood. I would ask at the store to confirm, but if you beat the pre-order it should cancel it automatically.
    07-07-09 12:48 AM
    You can't cancel any order once it has been submitted. You have to refuse it. You'll do better getting it shipped then trying to get one in the store. Pre-ordered, you're guaranteed to have it.
    07-07-09 12:49 AM
    Check out this thread... it may give some insight.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/wa...estion-261096/
    07-07-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD