I was looking over some old VZW bills as I keep them due to how I expense charges for work and as I was reviewing the data usage going back 2 years I noticed something interesting with the billing. Before I bought my first Blackberry device (Storm) back in Nov-08, I strictly used Windows Mobile devices under their 'Unlimited Data' plan and averaged 174 MB per month of usage. Since I have been using the Storm and recently upgraded to the Tour under the Blackberry 'Unlimited Data' plan, my usage with Blackberry devices only averages about 60 MB per month.

My question is this simply a billing phenomena with how Blackberry's are treated and billed from a data usage perspective or do Blackberry's transmit/receive less data on the average for the same type of usage than Windows Mobile devices??? For all intents and purposes, my monthly usage was the same.
    07-31-09 03:14 PM
    Blackberry data is routed through RIM servers in canada where it is optimized(compressed) to lessen the load on carriers network and to provide a faster browsing experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:33 PM
    This is a real nice benefit that I am sure is not well known as this is the first I have heard of it and am avid reader of mobile device forums - thx for the followup as I thought something was up and that now makes complete sense!!!
    07-31-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD