I agree if you wait to return it after 30 days that you don't deserve a new phone but if its a manufacturer factory defect that is not going to be fixed or at least under control for 30 days or more why should you not be rewarded with new phone rather than those guys who are on their literally 6 or 7 phone who wasted a lot more time money and resources? I patiently waited for situation to resolve and now I have refurb in mail. I'm sour its not new since I paid retail but hey refurb goes through specific testing so it should be good to go.

If its not perfect this time around I will keep sending back because the problem is long resolved and there are no more excuses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 06:25 PM
    Wow, this thread came back and bit the OP in the **** didn't it. I bet he envisioned getting hundreds of Crackberry users behind him to start a movement.....too funny.

60,000 plus in the warehouse maybe, green dot units most likely gone.
    09-14-09 09:00 PM
    This will be my final answer to this thread.

MODS: Please lock or delete this thread if it is at all possible. Sadly, the community has torn apart my original post, which had the best intentions, and was designed to help other blackberry users.

Before I comment on a few responses (I won't be responding to anyone who is continuing this misguided argument), I would like to say how sad it is that this thread has turned in to this - and that it happened so quickly. My original post was designed to help other blackberry users, because as several people have confirmed, I was either lied to - by multiple reps - or they simply didn't know how to use their inventory system. Whichever was the case, I was concerned and annoyed, and thought I'd share my experience with the community. It was not meant to "bash" verizon. I have been a loyal verizon customer for a long time, as I mentioned before, my entire family uses them for their cell phones, and our TV (we have 6 cable boxes), our land lines (2), and our internet. We wouldn't consider any other service. However, I was annoyed at the service I've been receiving recently regarding my Tour, which began at the store, at the time I purchased it. It's a long story, and I'd love to share it with the community, as it would undoubtedly help new Blackberry users, but after my experience with this thread, I doubt I'll be starting any new threads, or visiting these forums very much in the future.

Healthy discussion is one thing, but this thread turned extremely mean very quickly. I started this thread with the intentions of helping other members, and was attacked. I really don't know what to say about this, but that I've lost a significant amount of faith in humanity and respect for this community, not that I expect that to matter to anyone (honestly). Those of you who decided to lash out at me should be ashamed of yourselves, but I doubt you will be.

Original poster should not bother responding. Those that need take the 411 will use it. Anyone else is just troll. I'm new to the CB forum, but this seems like any other message board where everyone wants to put their two cents in where it's not needed or asked for. People hoping his tour breaks again? what is the matter with you?
    Thank you. I would generally not respond to anyone in this situation, but due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback, I felt it necessary to thank you. As a new member, I'll give you the following advice: There is a TON of useful information on these forums, and a lot of knowledgeable members. There's a lot of good software and accessories to buy in the store. Unfortunately, as seen here, the forums are virtually unusable if you intend on posting. Healthy discussions apparently don't exist around here.

+1. This thread went nowhere fast. Goodness gratious. From useful to useless quick.

Thanks for at least saying my OP was useful! I appreciate a positive comment amidst this negativity.

That's not really a fair assement of the situation. I'm waiting for my 3rd Tour now. The first one I exchanged within the 30 days and it was from the same bad stock as the first. The problems with the trackball and door are not problems that necessarily present themselves from day 1. My trackball and back door were ok on my 2nd Tour were fine when I walked out with it but with about 2 weeks of regular use they loosened as they did with the first one and that is now outside of the 30 day window.

I respect their rules but not if it has to do with a defect of the actual device. On my 8830 the pins on the inside where the battery charges snapped and when I took it to Verizon they said it was a known problem and replaced it with a brand new device a YEAR after I had it.

I don't mind a refurb if it works well and has no scratches or issues (it has to be the same pristine quality of the berry I'm turning in) but I can't knock people who demand brand new working berrys. They deserve them.

The problem may not be officially "documented" but they know what's up. When I went to vzw today they ordered my replacement without even looking at my current berry.
    I'm sorry you're also having trouble with your Tour. It sounds like we share the same view on things. Perhaps you're one of the few people who will find my post helpful, or at least interesting. As far as the documentation is concerned, I don't have anything on paper. However, I've spoken to a few reps who acknowledge the defects, and I've read on a few threads that VZW and RIM have acknowledged the defects. The fact that the latest batches fix, or at least attempt to fix, these issues, is evidence that they're aware of the problems.

When I saw this thread I contacted a store manger that I know and his quote via bbm was"We have 68240 in our warehouse. Not even close to being out!". Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'm not sure if the reps were lying, or are unsure of how to use the system, or what the issue was, but I was simply attempting to bring this to everyone's attention.

Finally some accurate data. Hate to poo on the csr's that answer the phone but most don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. Not surprised there is a conflict between what each of you have been told.

Yep, that is truly the case, and I'm not afraid to say it. Some will say we shouldn't, but it's the truth. But this is also the case in most customer service, and frankly, most business, these days.

EDIT: -Deeter-, I completely missed your post, I'm not sure how. Thank you for your civility. There's a few things I'd like to comment on in your post, but I recognize it would serve little purpose, and if you read my posts since your post, you can probably figure out what I'd say, anyway. Thanks regarding the knees, sorry to hear about yours - a bad knee is tough to live with (I have a torn ACL), bad knees must be even worse. I wish you the best.
    Last edited by Jimbro727; 09-14-09 at 09:12 PM.
    09-14-09 09:00 PM
    What a drama queen.

09-14-09 09:19 PM
    Maybe he want's a new thread, even though it's over 30 minutes old.
    09-14-09 09:24 PM
    This post was anything BUT useful... What were you trying to do to help? Your message was complain til you get what you want, wow you deserve an award for instructional value! You're OP had no value, contributed nothing to the features, usability or general know how of the device. These forums are an abundance of information, but like you said a lot of it is useless (Like this post). People come here to exchange useful information, like what apps work on the phone, what accessories fit with the phone, tips and tricks of using the phone. I dont even mind a a NOOB asking stupid questions without searching as much as these STUPID RANT THREADS tick me off. So you are very correct people like you make these forums cluttered with useless information.
    09-14-09 09:30 PM
    Maybe he want's a new thread, even though it's over 30 minutes old.
    LMAO!!! No he's going to go through 2-3 Tours then ask for a multiexchange to the Curve 8520 when it comes out, or the next great Blackberry and he's going to want it for free because he already paid for his device months ago...
    09-14-09 09:31 PM
    i finally called about my track ball on sunday when i got the phone in july. the guy on the phone jumped through hoops, called three different stores, looked in different warehouses and finally got the store by my job to give me a brand new green dot one. i didn't get the box but i did see the green dot on it. the track ball really was not that bad i was just nervous about it especially when i did the test i couldnt get past a 2 on the horizontal.
    09-14-09 09:33 PM
    That's why I think when they said the were out they were talking about the green dots. People know and ask about it.
    09-14-09 09:42 PM
    I also needed a new Tour, since I had been plagued with internet issues. I took it in, and I AM under the 30 days warranty, and they were in fact out of stock. So they ordered me one, and they said it would be within two days.

I agree with the rest of the guys here regarding some customers' apparent sense of entitlement. When you sign the agreement, they are perfectly clear. Some people think if they rant and rave, that Verizon will give them what they want to shut them up. Just remember, Verizon's employees are human, and if you expect respect, show some respect.

Frankly, I have never had any problem with customer service in the several years I have been with Verizon. When I had a legitimate problem, they honored the agreement.
    09-14-09 11:53 PM
    Yeah, it is ridiculous sometimes. Your store is sounds cool. I would bet money they have the old ones in stock.
    09-15-09 12:06 AM
    Jimbro is completely right!!!!!! Anytime you pay for something new, you should get something new in return anytime it malfunctions!!!!. When I bought my 2006 Honda Pilot, my headlight bulb went out about 6 months later, and they wanted to replace the lightbulb, but were out of stock. So I complained and got a brand new Pilot!!! I had to fight though.... I said that I bought a brand new pilot, and this one is broken, so I wanted what I had before....a brand new Honda Pilot. They started saying some Bull poopy about my 3 year/36,000 mile warranty, and I said I didnt care..and that I bought a brand new car and thats what I should get in return!!!!!

I also cant wait until my loan is paid off too....I am going to go into the Honda dealership and tell them that this is my 3rd honda, I have never missed a payment... ever, and that due to my loyalty I want a free car. And they better give me a free car or else I am going to get a car with Toyota, since they are awesome too. I figure since I do what i am supposed to do, I should be rewarded for being such a loyal customer!!!!
    And what would you like the utility company to give you for being "such a loyal customer"? My husband has been with Toyota for over 15 years and I am here to tell you they do not give free cars for being a loyal customer. Sure, you might get a discount on services or parts as a perk for the loyalty but a FREE CAR?! Not in our part of the country, anyhow.
    09-15-09 09:33 AM
    I guess my style is the truth lol Didn't mean to rant but people are dumb that try this stuff, thats all I got.
    I agree - the truth wins out every time.
    09-15-09 09:35 AM
    And what would you like the utility company to give you for being "such a loyal customer"? My husband has been with Toyota for over 15 years and I am here to tell you they do not give free cars for being a loyal customer. Sure, you might get a discount on services or parts as a perk for the loyalty but a FREE CAR?! Not in our part of the country, anyhow.
    Totally agree--this guy is crazy, trying to get something for nothing always, "victim mentality"
    09-15-09 10:11 AM
    Ok?? A free car let me know where ill b on my way
    09-15-09 10:38 AM

Actually, I never signed such a contract. I never signed any contract. This was part of the argument that I had with Verizon. They weren't able to produce my signed contract, because it doesn't exist. So before you tell me what I did and did not sign, and did or did not read, you should understand what took place when I purchased my Tour.

This is a KEY point. If you have no contract, then what makes you think you are entitled to even as much as a refurb? A contract is not just a document that outlines your terms and length of service. It can also be a sales receipt. Sales receipts also have return/replacement policies on them. So whether you refer to your sales receipt for the device or to your "contract", the terms are the same for replacing devices. How exactly did you acquire this phone and where is all of your documentation?
    09-15-09 11:32 AM
    I realize I said I wouldn't post again on this thread - but just in case there's someone out there who found my OP useful, I wanted to let you know that I received my Tour today. It's a brand new green dot and it suffers from none of my previous Tour's problems.
    09-15-09 01:28 PM
    Totally agree--this guy is crazy, trying to get something for nothing always, "victim mentality"
    FYI The car analogy was a joke, he was using it as an extreme to prove a sarcastic point.
    09-15-09 01:36 PM
    In some cases WARRANTIES may supercede that supposedly "equal footing contract" that may be signed. Every product is sold subject to certain inherent warranties of fitness for purpose, etc.

I believe we've read enough to know that quite a number of Tours had quality control issues. If the phone is not up to the expected working quality than the OP and others have rights that may be over and above what normally applies.

You don't necessarily need a "phone lemon" law to be entitled to these rights.

And forget it, I'm not interested in debating with the extreme capitalists in the group that no one is entitled to anything. The concept of buyer beware is long gone. And most of those folks are probably the same ones complaining about repeat posts about Tour problems. We are just trying to help those buyers be careful - there may be problems and look: folks are still posting about them.

Just as some can accept that no one is entitled to anything more than a piece of plastic which may or may not work - too bad. Others are entitled to push the limits and believe, possibly rightly, that a phone should work correctly, buttons push, trackballs roll, speakers speak, etc and if it does not, they are entitled to one that does and maybe even a new one. How many are still waiting past their 30 days because they were told it was software. If it is not software what should their options be. I am sure that some here will say they don't have that assurance in writing and are, again, entitled to nothing. 30 days - set in concrete. BS
    09-15-09 04:59 PM
    My trackball has pretty bad horizontal scrolling, and recently stopped scrolling down.

I simply went into my local store today, went up to a tech or whatever, handed him my phone, and told him the problems. He messed with it for a few minutes, tried adjusting the sensitivity settings, and agreed it was FUBAR.

"We don't have any here, so we'll have to mail you one. It will be there within 2-3 business days." Thank you, adios.

EDIT: I had the same Tour since launch. Well out of the 30 days.
    09-15-09 05:50 PM
    They said they ran out of replacement units so they shipped me a Brand New phone today!
    09-15-09 06:01 PM
    FYI The car analogy was a joke, he was using it as an extreme to prove a sarcastic point.
    Man, I really thought I had lost all hope! I cant believe they didn't catch the HUGE amount of sarcasm. Maybe they didn't start from the first post and continue reading.

PS.... I know the thread got heated but we all can agree to disagree. Jimbro got what he wanted which was a new phone, and at the end of the day all we want for each other is to be happy. We all shouted (typed loudly) our responses and feelings, and just like in politics, no one ever has the last word, nor is anyone 100% right. No hard feelings..............

Jimbro I'd still buy you a beer.... I would wheel you to the bar post knee surgery and ask you how the new phone was working out.
    09-17-09 08:12 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD