I recently loaded the newer version of VZW's .591 on my tour, now every time I restart my phone it shows that I have 15 new and unread messages. I went into the VZW store and obviously they were no help. If I downgrade back to the .591 that I had before will the problem be fixed? Or is there any other fix? Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.s. I won't go to a leaked or non VZW build, I don't want to void my warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 12:30 PM
    It won't void your warranty to go non-official as long as you put an official back on it before you return the device. They have no way of knowing if you do that.

Or, you can continue to use "not ready for prime time" builds like .591 that have the carrier's stamp of approval.

05-27-10 12:38 PM
    I recently loaded the newer version of VZW's .591 on my tour, now every time I restart my phone it shows that I have 15 new and unread messages. I went into the VZW store and obviously they were no help. If I downgrade back to the .591 that I had before will the problem be fixed? Or is there any other fix? Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.s. I won't go to a leaked or non VZW build, I don't want to void my warranty.

Using a hybrid or non VZW build does NOT void your warranty. If that were the case every person that changes even ONE file on their OS, hybrid or not, would void their warranty.
    05-27-10 12:38 PM
    Ok thanks I didn't know that. What os would you recommend? I also want to be able to run all the apps, I know some hybrids have compatibility issues.

05-27-10 12:41 PM
    The hybrids are very nice but if you want to get your feet wet first with something else, my favorite "official" OS was .484. I've been running .643 for some weeks now and I like it a lot as well. Anything but .591 for my Tour!
    05-27-10 12:46 PM
    Great thank you! Why does VZW always have to be the worst? And if I want to jump right into hybrids what are the good ones?

05-27-10 12:56 PM
    And disadvantages to going to .484 or .643? I'm on .591 and pulling hair out as well.
    05-27-10 04:27 PM
    And disadvantages to going to .484 or .643? I'm on .591 and pulling hair out as well.
    I can't see any if you're on .591
    05-27-10 05:02 PM
    .643 seems real solid. I haven't run into any issues.

05-27-10 05:04 PM
    Great thank you! Why does VZW always have to be the worst? And if I want to jump right into hybrids what are the good ones?

Jump to one of the hybrid websites, BBHybrids.net, driphter.com and pick yourself up a hybrid for .591.

I personally recommend Death's Head (my .591/284 hybrid), comments are good, performance rocks, hard to beat. But then again, there's also FALLOUT, built on the .662 radio, stupid sick fast.
    05-27-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD