Ever since updating to the official Verizon release of 4.7.1.61, my phone is continually resetting on its own, sometimes in the middle of emails or while on MSN, sometimes when I put the phone down maybe a little less gingerly than usual.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm getting royally pissed off.
    11-25-09 10:18 AM
    I'm not, do me a favor and remove your media card from the device. See if it stops, if it does you will have to reformat the card. You could have a corrupt media card...
    11-25-09 10:37 AM
    Sprints .57 update > Verizons .61 update.
    11-25-09 10:39 AM
    I believe I've solved the problem and it has nothing to do with my media card or my software: my 1600mAH battery from Seidio had faulty contacts, where the slightest jostle would effectively "pull" the battery. I popped my stock battery back in and the problem, for now, seems to have disappeared. It must have been a coincidence that it started happening around the same time as the update.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 11-25-09 at 04:59 PM.
    11-25-09 04:57 PM
    I believe I've solved the problem and it has nothing to do with my media card or my software: my 1600mAH battery from Seidio had faulty contacts, where the slightest jostle would effectively "pull" the battery. I popped my stock battery back in and the problem, for now, seems to have disappeared.
    Glad to hear, the symptoms you were describing are typical of a corrupt media card...
    11-25-09 04:59 PM
    Yeah; I ruled that out when it happened without the media card inserted. The resets were happening too often in relation to less than gentle contact for it to be software or media related. Sure enough, now that the stock battery is back in, it can take a heavy jostle and stay in gear.
    11-25-09 05:01 PM
    Glad your problem got fixed. I could see where that would be totally annoying to the point where I would throw my phone at my dog! JK!
    11-25-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD