I'm assuming your mad at what CX said about the Storm 2.

I posted this before, a few times actually, but some of you guys only want to hear what you want to believe. The Storm 2 is not a FULL hardware change. Think of it as Ver. 1.5. It is RIM saying okay, now that its out there, we could/should of done this this and this.

If you already have a Storm, unless you have an ABSOLUTE need for the few extra features, its not worth your money. You will be getting the same OS. Its also not, and never will be, a flagship smartphone.

RIM is the king of the QWERTY. That will remain for the near/distant future

Look for the 9630 to be HUGE for VZ as direct competition with ATT and the Bold/Onyx. But, again, they are not competing per say against each other phone wise. Just service wise. You can now pick the provider thats best, not just for the phone, once its released.
    There is no doubt i will be getting the tour, and in regards to storm 1.5 compaired to 2.0 , i know i have been saying this for a long times as well. Its not the hardware im complaining about , its the BORING UI , look at the pre , although less business like, its appealing and what a touch screen UI should be , not a small change from all the other phones .

In regards to 9630 vs tour, agreed, two different animals, one, rim has been doing for ever. you would just think with storm 1 , they would change things up abit UI wise( but looking at all the other phones 8330, 8830, 9630, 9000, 8900, even 9530 its never going to change) , considering both devices will be running 5.0 , with the same UI , to me, unless thoes "special features" are out of this world, which they wont be , i dont see spending money on it ( although i say that now , i most likely still will add odin to my collection lol )
    05-30-09 12:32 PM
    Maybe you didn't read his post. He said the 9630 will be the Verizon flagship device. It's not released, so it cannot be at this moment. Upon the 9630's release, it will be Verizon's flagship device and will do so regardless of the Storm or the Storm 2.

I was waiting for you to come around with this. I was pretty sure the tour is the flagship device. Not to say that the storm isn't awesome. However I believe the tour is going to cost more then the storm.
    05-30-09 04:09 PM
    Definetly Tour. After spending hours attempting to find some excuse for Palm, I will NEVER own a Palm device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 04:27 PM
    I do media stuff and browsing more than Facebook and IM.

I'm thinking that the Pre is a better fit for me just because of WiFi and the bigger screen. Maybe the browser, too.

then thats where you should personally do your decision. The pre will satisfy a ton of peoples needs, but not everyones.

If you truly do lean on what you do the pre wont be a bad option. I am not going to sit here and be biased and tell everyone they need to have a blackberry but there is going to be ups and downs on that device as well as there is on blackberrys. Its the way of technology.

No matter which way you flip the script there is going to be new phones every year by all different company's. So you can't expect that another companys phone isn't going to attract people. Just make logical purchases..
    05-30-09 04:46 PM
    Definetly Tour. After spending hours attempting to find some excuse for Palm, I will NEVER own a Palm device.

never say never. They may come out with some cool device that will attract you ahha you never know.

I mean I personally will not probably ever own a pre. However I never will close my eyes completely to other tech either
    05-30-09 04:47 PM
    I work as a tech for vzw. After all this time, 99% of my calls are Palms being pieces of crap. That's why my mind is made up. I'm sick of Palm's incompetance.

05-30-09 06:47 PM
    I work as a tech for vzw. After all this time, 99% of my calls are Palms being pieces of crap. That's why my mind is made up. I'm sick of Palm's incompetance.

Are there any common examples that you would like to share?
    05-30-09 06:55 PM

I understand the frustration but truthfully it is completely new and the os itself might be on the right path. I guess just from my own experience I have seen some pretty crappy company's turn it around..

Not saying this is the case but you never know.

I like to have a few company's that are contending against eachother.. The pre will not be for me
    but I hope they do well with it.
    05-30-09 08:02 PM
    Tmacfan,

There's the centro 690P, which pretty much everything goes wrong with randomly. There's the WX line, which have issues with the data ports going out. The 700P loses signal and never gets it back. The 755P has a tendancy to crash unexpectedly while syncing with palm desktop.

Just a few.

05-30-09 10:12 PM
    Maybe you didn't read his post. He said the 9630 will be the Verizon flagship device. It's not released, so it cannot be at this moment. Upon the 9630's release, it will be Verizon's flagship device and will do so regardless of the Storm or the Storm 2.
    Thanks CX for chiming in. Always nice to hear your thoughts.
    06-03-09 03:17 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD