i have tried everything to get my vzaccess manager to detect my tour with no luck. Here is the crazy part - i have another toshiba laptop nearly identical to this one and it detected everything right away.

i have installed and unsinstalled everythign - the compture is even brand new so i rebooted the operating system today and it made no difference.

called verizon and they cant help, called Toshiba tech suppert level 2 - no help either.

what could it be - the laptop detects the tour but Vzacess mgr wont detect the tour

i bought this laptop to be mobile and now i cant go anywhere!!!

PLEASE HELP!!
    01-07-10 09:22 PM
    What version of VZAM are you using. The newest version is 7.0.14. This can be obtained at VZAM SITE
    01-07-10 09:31 PM
    you don't need VZAM for using your phone as a modem (as long as you pay the monthly fee for it!) ... I can even connect my phone thru bluetooth, tell windows to make a dial up connection thru it, and then I have internet ... There's a tutorial out there for how to allow the IP modem function through Desktop Manager and u can connect thru there. I also believe that when you connect your phone thru bluetooth, it creates a modem connection thru the bluetooth adaptor. You then click the wireless icon near the time, click the bluetooth conneciton and then you have internet with no cables! WIN! I dont have any other details about it, but if you google it, you'lll find it ... or maybe another member can chime in on the exact process.
    01-08-10 01:27 AM
    try pulling the battery out of the phone and rebooting it. i've done this with a few bb's that come in to the store and have issues connecting to computers.
    01-08-10 01:53 AM
    One other thought here, Did you install the BB desktop software? This is needed for drivers.
    01-08-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD