I just upgraded to the 5 os, and now I have this annoying problem that is probably easy to fix but I can't figure it out! I downloaded a new ringtone Airplanes, and now whenever I get a text message and even when I hang up a phone call Airplanes will play. It plays even when my phone is on silent! Please help! And because you are probably wondering, I have already switched the message alert/phone ringtone setting, and it's not even for Airplanes.

I am on the Tour.
    06-07-10 06:42 PM
    Do a battery pull. To do this take the battery out when the device is turned on, wait ~60seconds and put it back in.

The long term fix is to ditch Verizon's version of OS5. 5.0.0.643 leak is what I like and I'm on Verizon.

Here are the steps I recommend taking to upgrade/downgrade your BB's OS using a PC. (If you have a Mac, you're on your own unfortunately as I've not used them).

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Now you can go to add/remove programs and uninstall any BB OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed a BB OS using this computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you have chosen to use (the file you are downloading is an executable installer file which you must run after downloading it to install it on your PC).

After making sure you have made your backups as mentioned above, you are now ready to use jl_cmder or BBSAK to wipe your device. When the device has been wiped, you will see a white screen with a 507 reload software error. Do not panic, as this is what is supposed to happen.

Navigate to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. Now that you have deleted "vendor.xml" you can run "loader.exe" which will proceed to load the OS you have chosen onto your BB device.

When the apploader is finished, your new OS should be loaded. You will now have to restore the data/apps you backed up earlier using DM and BBSAK respectively.

Enjoy your new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 08:09 PM
    Thank you!

I know this is stupid but I can't get my battery out by myself! It won't come out so weird...

And I am on a Mac
    06-07-10 09:21 PM
    Can you beg borrow or steal a PC?

Can't get it out how? The top pulls towards you. If you can't get it, hold alt+right shift+del. That should reset it well enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 10:45 PM
    In like a week I could..

I couldn't get my battery out either still , and that alt+right shift+delete didn't work

Is a trip to Verizon helpful or will they not know what to do...
    06-09-10 12:21 PM
    Sounds like a trip to Verizon is what you need, if the battery is stuck.

On my first Tour, along with the trackball issues that plagued a good many of them, my SD card slot had a problem. It was fine until I took it out. Then it would go back in. Luckily it happened in the store when I was exchanging one Tour for another. They replaced it on the spot.

Good luck!
    06-09-10 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD