I did a quick search but didn't seem to find anything on this. I'm having a weird VZNav issue where after using it and closing it properly, it inevitably reopens once if not twice and have to shut it down again. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing anything like this?

BTW: thanks to everyone on the forums, you guys here are amazing and have saved me a lot of trouble. (i lurk. )
    09-09-09 12:00 AM
    Ive never used VZW navigator on the tour, but are you just hitting the end key to close it? If so, I think you have to hit the blackberry button, then scroll to "close" in order to close it, otherwise your probably leaving it running in the background.
    09-09-09 12:06 AM
    Ive never used VZW navigator on the tour, but are you just hitting the end key to close it? If so, I think you have to hit the blackberry button, then scroll to "close" in order to close it, otherwise your probably leaving it running in the background.
    No, I've used both the little curved arrow key to close it as well as going to the BB menu and selecting close. Still seems to reopen most of the time.
    09-09-09 12:07 AM
    hmm, not sure what to tell you. Im sure some of the guys around here will know what to do. Goodluck with it though.
    09-09-09 12:09 AM
    Actually, I have read of this happening to some people. It may have been in the gps subforum/thread and I don't think it was limited to the Tour. I'm not sure anyone posted a solution - just the anomaly
    09-09-09 01:12 AM
    Yes! This has happened to me as well... I thought it was just me. Lol. Not sure why it does this.
    09-09-09 01:17 AM
    Happens to me all the time. Quite aggrivating. Just started when I put the new leak on it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:16 AM
    Hmm...well thanks everyone. Guess I'll just wait and hope it magically stops someday.
    09-09-09 02:20 AM
    I did a quick search but didn't seem to find anything on this. I'm having a weird VZNav issue where after using it and closing it properly, it inevitably reopens once if not twice and have to shut it down again. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing anything like this?

BTW: thanks to everyone on the forums, you guys here are amazing and have saved me a lot of trouble. (i lurk. )
    same thing happens here every once in awhile. I yse VZnavigator almost everyday and sometimes when I close it, a few minutes later, it reopens by itself
    09-09-09 07:22 AM
    Just started happening to me this weekend. I came on here this morning to find a solution too. You're right, nothing posted yet that I have found, but I'm trying to see if I can get it cleared up (I'd assume that most people attempted the following steps to resolve this issue, but here goes.) I just uninstalled VZNav from my phone. I'm hoping that uninstalling, wiping, reinstalling OS & hybrid, then reinstalling VZNav works...hoping it is just a program data issue that clears up if I start fresh without existing data imported.

If not, I think you're absolutely right though. I have had little to no problems with the hybrids, except this is an issue that began for me first with the .142 leak and now with the 6.0 hybrid.

Another issue with VZNav I notice is with Bluetooth connected. I just noticed this morning that I no longer get directions from my bluetooth, and prompts only come from my speakerphone now. Has this happened to anyone else here?

absolutely...thanks everyone

Last edited by islandxtreme26; 09-09-09 at 08:19 AM.
    09-09-09 08:13 AM
    When I dismiss the exit dialog it seems not dismiss at times. It goes away, but when I check the running apps, it's still there on the exit dialog. I've never had VZNAV reopen though.
    09-09-09 09:30 AM

Another issue with VZNav I notice is with Bluetooth connected. I just noticed this morning that I no longer get directions from my bluetooth, and prompts only come from my speakerphone now. Has this happened to anyone else here?

I haven't tried VZNav with bluetooth but i do have the same issue with the wired headset. Definitely thought that sucked but am more annoyed with the reopening issue.

BTW everyone: I'm not running the hybrid (haven't been brave enough to try it!) I still have the original OS that came with the phone so the issue isn't limited to hybrid.
    09-09-09 12:43 PM
    Do you use bbalerts or anything similar? Vznav has a messaging inbox for sending location invites etc and it can confuse message alert programs. If bbalerts does this make sure logging is enabled and that may fix it. Also clear out vzw inbox/outbox

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by saintjah; 09-09-09 at 07:23 PM.
    09-09-09 07:20 PM
    mine reopens too. did it on my Storm as well.
    09-09-09 07:32 PM
    Happened to me as well. Happened on my Curve too.

So it's not device specific..........
    09-09-09 07:50 PM
    this happens to me all the time on my storm. i alway go to exit and close rather than the back button but it still happens.
    09-09-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD