So I was using VZ Navigator for a little road trip this weekend, and as I was using it I noticed my Tour getting very hot. I checked the temp and Meterberry said it was 114 degrees! So I turned off VZ Navigator but a few minutes later my phone restarted itself and now the only screen I can see is a white one saying: "Technical Issues Please Return to Place of Purchase for Repair". Took it to VZW and they told me I need to get one overnighted to me and there was nothing they could do. Oh and I tried Desktop Manager and it wont recognize my bb no matter what I did (even the version without media manager). So now I play the waiting game without my BB. Has anyone else run into this problem with their tour overheating?
    04-19-10 07:53 AM
    VZ Nav didnt brick your Tour.. the 5.0 OS for Verizon bricked your Tour.. its a known issue... http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/te...-error-444965/
    04-19-10 07:55 AM
    Ahh ok. I just assumed the hot temperature and the fact that I was using VZ navigator was interrelated but thanks for the heads up! Ill do a bit more forum searching next time.
    04-19-10 08:03 AM
    Ahh ok. I just assumed the hot temperature and the fact that I was using VZ navigator was interrelated but thanks for the heads up! Ill do a bit more forum searching next time.
    no no, u didnt do anything wrong. Its just Verizons OS they put out for the Tour is a mess. I had the same thing happen to me on my phone. You could pay me enough to download .591 back into my phone. I depend on my phone to much to worry about it bricking again from the OS.

My advice to you is, when you get your new phone, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT download .591 onto your phone again. Download .484 onto your phone
    04-19-10 08:56 AM
    Thanks, I'll definitely do that. I'm assuming this refurb will probably have .591 on there so I'll downgrade first thing.
    04-19-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD