I have a Verizon Tour. I use Verizon's Visual Voicemail and got a voicemail today. I listened to the message on Visual VM and deleted it. BUT...the icon for the standard voicemail remains. I have called my VM and the automated voice says that I don't have any new messages. HELP anyone? Tech services tried and didn't have an answer.

I've done soft/hard resets...
    Left new messages and deleted all messages...

Just don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated!
    07-15-09 11:11 PM
    You should be able to call your voicemail and I believe somewhere in the menu structure there is an option to clear voicemail indicators.
    Someone else may be able to give better specifics, but you could give it a try to see what you find.
    07-15-09 11:20 PM
    I have a Verizon Tour. I use Verizon's Visual Voicemail and got a voicemail today. I listened to the message on Visual VM and deleted it. BUT...the icon for the standard voicemail remains. I have called my VM and the automated voice says that I don't have any new messages. HELP anyone? Tech services tried and didn't have an answer.

I've done soft/hard resets...
    Left new messages and deleted all messages...

Just don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated!
    try calling your phone and leaving a message...then call back and delete it...this should help
    07-15-09 11:59 PM
    I've got the same problem, but I don't have visual voicemail. I deleted the messages but the icon is still there on my screen.
    07-16-09 12:06 AM
    I've got the same problem, but I don't have visual voicemail. I deleted the messages but the icon is still there on my screen.
    really try leaving yourself a voicemail and then call back and delete it...i have had success with that
    07-16-09 12:28 AM
    It didn't work.
    07-16-09 12:35 AM
    I had this problem.

You need to call Verizon and tell them to re-permission your account for Visual Voicemail. What happened was that even though you have the app...the Verizon Network doesn't recognize that so you can "re-sync" to get new messages but the basic voicemail will still take over.

A call to them about it should fix the problem.
    07-16-09 12:45 AM
    But I don't have visual voicemail.
    07-16-09 12:49 AM
    I had this problem.

You need to call Verizon and tell them to re-permission your account for Visual Voicemail. What happened was that even though you have the app...the Verizon Network doesn't recognize that so you can "re-sync" to get new messages but the basic voicemail will still take over.

A call to them about it should fix the problem.
    provision*
    07-16-09 12:53 AM
    I think I had this problem earlier today. Go to your messages box in your menu and look for a missed call from the person who left you the voice mail and look at that and it might go away.
    07-16-09 12:56 AM
    provision*
    Either word works for me... it's still a permission =P
    07-16-09 12:57 AM
    I think I had this problem earlier today. Go to your messages box in your menu and look for a missed call from the person who left you the voice mail and look at that and it might go away.
    That didn't work either.
    07-16-09 01:08 AM
    Go into your txtx and see if it says something like press send to receive a message
    07-16-09 01:20 AM
    when you have visual voicemail the regular icon is not supposed to show at all..

so have them redo it or try deleting visual voicemail send yourself a voicemail call in listen and delete wait for icon to go away then download visual voicemail and try again
    07-16-09 01:36 AM
    I finally fixed it by clearing out my mms inbox. I didn't have it linked to my main message box and the 2 messages in there were what was causing the icon.
    07-16-09 08:24 PM
    I just got my Verizon Tour a few days ago and experienced this same issue with the voicemail indicator after playing with the visual voicemail app. Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Remove visual voicemail from the phone (Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications) You will need to reboot it to complete this.

2. Leave yourself a voicemail message from another phone

3. Check your voicemail by calling into it from your blackberry, and delete the message.

When I did this, the voicemail indicator went off right away. I'd imagine once you have it cleared out, you can reinstall Visual Voicemail if you like.

I personally was not a fan of the program for this very reason, seems something this simple shouldn't cause problems with your message indicator. Plus, my visual voicemail wasn't populating unless i manually refreshed it each time, so it was kind of pointless to me.
    07-22-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD