I have my email and sms boxes separated and would like both missed call alerts and voicemail alerts to display in the general "messages" folder. Right now my "missed call" alerts are deposited in my messages folder while my "voicemail" alerts are deposited in the sms box which doesn't make much sense.

Is there a way to change this?
    08-12-09 05:55 PM
    I would like to know that too
    08-12-09 05:58 PM
    Have you changed your Call Logging options at Phone>Options>Call Logging?
    08-12-09 06:08 PM
    Have you changed your Call Logging options at Phone>Options>Call Logging?
    That unfortunately only allows you to set whether the phone logs incoming, outgoing, and/or missed calls in your "messages" folder only. I'm asking something different which is to direct voicemail alerts to the "messages" folder instead of to the SMS folder.
    08-12-09 06:23 PM
    Nope no known fix this has been an issue with all the Blackberry's it annoys me too!
    08-16-09 01:46 AM
    Nope no known fix this has been an issue with all the Blackberry's it annoys me too!
    Yeah, this sux...annoys the heck out of me.
    09-10-09 09:08 PM
    We all will have to live with it. Its always been that way.
    09-10-09 09:26 PM
    Your VM alert is an SMS message. It can't go to MESSAGES. Disable your call logging from the MESSAGES folder - you receive other notification of a missed call should you have one. Then, all you'll have to deal with is VM in SMS, which isn't so bad.
    09-10-09 09:28 PM
    That unfortunately only allows you to set whether the phone logs incoming, outgoing, and/or missed calls in your "messages" folder only. I'm asking something different which is to direct voicemail alerts to the "messages" folder instead of to the SMS folder.
    Oops, sorry mattmcg, I totally misread your original post.

I just remembered, however, that when I activated Visual Voicemail, "new voicemail" alerts starting showing up in my Messages folder and not my SMS/MMS folder (even with Call Logging set to "none"). Frankly, I find the extra notification to be annoying but maybe this inconvenience of mine is the solution you're looking for. I'm on WAP, though, so I can't tell if you're with VZW or Sprint or...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CafeRacer808; 09-10-09 at 10:06 PM.
    09-10-09 09:51 PM
    If I read the post correctly and all you want to do is have your SMS (which will include VM alerts) and emails drop into the same combined box, you can go to the "Messages" icon, go to Options-->General Options--->SMS and Emails Boxes: The default is Theme Controlled. Change it to Combined. This will consolidate your emails and SMS messages into the message folder. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    09-10-09 10:05 PM
    I couldn't stand the call logs in my messages and then when you erased your messages, it erased the phone numbers! It drove me nuts. I had to disable the call logging. The VM in the SMS is not so horrible though.
    09-10-09 10:12 PM
    The VM in the SMS is not so horrible though.

IDK, I'm completely annoyed with it. lol

This is my first BB, I didn't know this was a common problem.
    09-10-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD