How do I stop my BB Tour from auto- recording ??? It's getting ridiculous
    I almost got in trouble with my girl the other day when she checked my phone and heard a recording of me talking with another girl. Please HELP!!!

Thanks in Advance.
    07-30-09 07:00 PM
    Anyone??? =/
    07-30-09 07:14 PM
    Just don't talk with other girls when your using the voice recorder and you should be okay with your girl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:48 PM
    Just don't talk with other girls when your using the voice recorder and you should be okay with your girl

You know what's weird is that I wasn't even using the voice recorder, and all I did was to listen to some songs =I. This is my first blackberry ever so I don't know about tricks and all that, but is it possible to while you listening to your music the voice recorder can get activated?

And also I noticed how it recorded 60.00 minutes while i was sleeping and the phone wasn't even in used.
    07-30-09 08:50 PM
    Are you sure you don't have it running in your background?
    07-30-09 08:52 PM
    Are you sure you don't have it running in your background?

How do i know if i have it running or not ?? I'm not sure. Now it's not recording anything but today i woke up and it recorded 5 different things.
    07-30-09 08:54 PM
    Hold down the Blackberry button (the button to the left of the trackball) and it will show you all the apps you have running. Five of them are default and will always be running - Phone, Browser, Home Screen, Blackberry Messenger, and Messages. If your sound recorder is listed, switch to it and close it by either hitting the Blackberry button and selecting "Close" or by hitting the Back button (the button to the right of the trackball), NOT the red disconnect button.

Also, make sure you don't have the sound recorder bound to one of your left or right buttons. Check that by hitting the Blackberry button from the home screen, going to Options, Screen/Keyboard, then scrolling down to the Left and Right Side Convenience Key settings.
    07-30-09 09:32 PM
    HA!!!!!!! OK so I'm not crazy!! I checked my phone this morning and found 6 different 60 minute Voice Notes from all through the night. Now mind you, my phone is set to lock automatically every five munutes, so I dont know how it managed to activate on its own at 2:30 am. lol.... I have a 60 minute recording of me snoring
    08-04-09 11:34 PM
    LMFAO @ that!!!
    08-04-09 11:37 PM
    OK,,, Help please... By the end of my day today, I had numerous 60 minute recordings.. Any suggestions?
    08-06-09 03:09 AM
    Take it to the store and see if they can trouble shoot it for you. But you may need to do an exchange. I've never seen this issue before.

08-06-09 05:16 AM
    Anyone find a solution to this problem of auto-voice recording on the Tour yet? It is not a hot key issue since it is recording in the middle of the night while sleeping. Anyone take it to Verizon and get it checked out?
    09-17-09 09:54 AM
    I've got the same problem. Didn't notice until today when I tried to watch a video and it said the voice recorder was in use. I had hundreds of 1 hour recordings spanning the last two weeks. Makes sense since I'd noticed my battery not lasting a full day for the last two weeks. I did a battery pull and it is not running now, but I still don't get how it was running to begin with. Anyone?
    10-11-09 09:23 AM
    Well let's start trying to figure it out. What OS is everyone having this problem using?

I've not had this problem and am using OS4.7.1.40.

Anything else unusual happening on these phones with issues or any 3rd party apps that may use the recorder?

10-11-09 04:50 PM
    i have the same issue, i used it to record the sound of a car engine knocking then for the next 30 hours it recorded. it stopped after it had 30 VNs, so i dont know if it maxed out, or it got cut off somehow. ive since upgraded to OS5.0, but i dont know what caused it.

even if its not happening anymore after i prune them all i would like to know what caused it if anyone knows.
    10-15-09 07:05 PM
    rofl. Thank god my phone doesn't have this problem or I'd be sunk.

Then again.. if anyone read my messages or looked at my pictures, I'd be done.

I use 5.blahblah.230 and do not have this issue. I do however send tons of voice notes through bbim every day. Usually random noises or songs from the radio.
    10-15-09 07:09 PM
    it's just the feds tapping your phone, really it's no big deal.

10-15-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD