I have a new Verizon Tour (which replaced a Storm). I used VVM on the Storm with no problems. However, when I start VVM on the Tour, I get "Error starting vvmail_9630: Class 'com.verizon.vvm.lib.storage.ConfigData$ConfigEntr ies' multiply defined."

I called tech support, and they checked that I was set up for VVM service, and had me pull the battery and reset. Same error. They told me to take it too a local retail store!! Jeesh. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Jon
    08-07-09 10:51 AM
    Did remove the application and reinstall?
    08-07-09 10:59 AM
    It's definitely not your phone, it's the software. VVM was freezing my phone, I would have to turn off and turn on (No battery pull needed) then I would go to access it and get that error. 2 minutes later, try again, everything worked fine. I called tech support, who sent me to level 2 tech support who said it was a known issue and they are working on an update. Hasn't happened in a week (Knock wood)

Good luck.
    08-07-09 11:31 AM
    It's definitely not your phone, it's the software. VVM was freezing my phone, I would have to turn off and turn on (No battery pull needed) then I would go to access it and get that error. 2 minutes later, try again, everything worked fine. I called tech support, who sent me to level 2 tech support who said it was a known issue and they are working on an update. Hasn't happened in a week (Knock wood)

Good luck.
    Interesting, very interesting. I uninstalled/reinstalled, and VVM is now working. I wish 2nd level support had been engaged for my issues instead of a redirect to a retail store. Thanks for all the help here.

Jon
    08-07-09 11:58 AM
    There are some know issues with VVM on the tour right now. These should be fixed when the first MR1 release is out.
    08-07-09 12:08 PM
    Hear ye hear ye!!!!
    I have been using VVM since i got the STORM and it has its ups and downs. Aside from the $3/mo (which is no big deal) there are errors and i sometime don't get my message arrive in the VVM app for hours (no jokes). I tried Youmail and have not looked back. It does everything that VVM does and more and its free!!!
    Trust me - go check it out. It sends a missed call or new VM notification to your email or as a text (whichever you choose); you can dload and listen to all your messages online (at their site) as well; it ID's the caller too when notifying you of the missed call or VM.
    08-07-09 12:14 PM
    I have had two Tours now, both are throwing IT POLICY errors, been on with Tier 2 Tech twice with no solve. I just have it disabled until it works...
    08-14-09 10:53 AM
    Hear ye hear ye!!!!
    I have been using VVM since i got the STORM and it has its ups and downs. Aside from the $3/mo (which is no big deal) there are errors and i sometime don't get my message arrive in the VVM app for hours (no jokes). I tried Youmail and have not looked back. It does everything that VVM does and more and its free!!!
    Trust me - go check it out. It sends a missed call or new VM notification to your email or as a text (whichever you choose); you can dload and listen to all your messages online (at their site) as well; it ID's the caller too when notifying you of the missed call or VM.
    That waiting hours to get it is a setting. I had tried that youmail, wasn't nuts with it.
    08-14-09 11:02 AM
    Getting the same issue and I just shut it off and then on again and wait about 2 mins. As stated before hopefully these ****** bags will come up with a fix for it. I never had a problem on my Voyager with it!
    08-16-09 01:02 AM
    That waiting hours to get it is a setting. I had tried that youmail, wasn't nuts with it.
    it would normally come instantly, just sometime wouldn't
    08-16-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD