Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download - Discussed in Smartphone News forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

my friend has the instinct s30 and has visual v/m on the phone which is great... no longer need to remember what buttons delete message and or replay ... all on the phone... pretty neat...

was wondering if anyone tried this on the tour..
    and is this the same app that is on the samsung instinct?
    08-05-09 08:44 AM
    If you sign up for YouMail at youmail.com you can have free VVM. There are a few steps to follow to route your voicemail to their servers, but it's relatively simple.

After that, you can either download their YouMail app for your phone or you can use VyMail which is an alternative application. They're pretty much the same. I use VyMail.

Hope that gets you started.
    08-05-09 08:53 AM
    I used VVM (Verizon's) on my Tour the first day I got it. I noticed after I got my first voicemail that the "new voicemail message indicator" would not go away. I had to wipe and reload my phone to get rid of it so I don't use it anymore.
    08-05-09 08:56 AM
    i heard with youmail the carrier has to add cfwing onto your line to route calls to the youmail server.. so every call that goes to v/m u will be charged 20 cents or so ... for cfwing
    08-05-09 09:01 AM
    I have vvm on my tour. It's great, since I get lots of calls and voice messages. I like being able to play in the order I want and listen to selected messages instantly. Had youmail when I had a curve and liked it, but overall I think verizon's works better and has a better interface. Worth the $3 per month imo.
    08-05-09 09:19 AM
    Ive tried all the above including a third one that worked with you mail (cant remember the name). VZW vvm is by far the best. Sucks you have to pay for it, but is way quicker than the rest. Sometimes the others have a delay for a new msg. Yes, I got the dreaded voicemail icon that does not go away. All you do is call cs, and they reset it and its gone. Happened once and hasnt since. One other nice feature of vzw vvm is you can respond to vm with voice msg. So no need to call the person back, just record your msg and it goes straight to their voice mail.
    08-05-09 09:20 AM
    I have vvm on my tour. It's great, since I get lots of calls and voice messages. I like being able to play in the order I want and listen to selected messages instantly. Had youmail when I had a curve and liked it, but overall I think verizon's works better and has a better interface. Worth the $3 per month imo.
    Looks like this might be the answer to my problem. I was having problems getting my VVM's to show up. I had to resync it to the mailbox in order to see a new message that I knew I had. I am not currently paying for this service.......which could be why I am not getting real time VVM's populating? Anyone else know this to be true?
    08-05-09 12:05 PM
    Looks like this might be the answer to my problem. I was having problems getting my VVM's to show up. I had to resync it to the mailbox in order to see a new message that I knew I had. I am not currently paying for this service.......which could be why I am not getting real time VVM's populating? Anyone else know this to be true?
    You definitely have to pay for Verizon's vvm service. If you had it before and were paying for it, then cancelled, but the app was still on your device, that could be the problem. However, if you installed the app and never had service before, I don't think its possible to even install without agreeing to a subscription.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:31 PM
    You have to either call or log on to your account online and add the service.

08-05-09 12:36 PM
    However, if you installed the app and never had service before, I don't think its possible to even install without agreeing to a subscription.
    Not true...VVM came pre-installed on my Verizon Tour. But yes, you absolutely need to subscribe to Verizon's VVM service in order to get new VM's pushed to the phone. It took about a day of me messing with my new Tour to figure that one out!
    08-05-09 12:57 PM
    Yeah. Verizons VVM is worth the $3 a month for it. Its a pretty good feature to use. YouMail is not bad either, but Verizons VVM is just more to the point in my opinion. Give it a shot. Add it on in MyVerizon and give it a couple of weeks. If you dont like it, remove it.
    08-05-09 01:09 PM
    i heard with youmail the carrier has to add cfwing onto your line to route calls to the youmail server.. so every call that goes to v/m u will be charged 20 cents or so ... for cfwing
    Where do you get this idea? I have YouMail and I am not getting charged for forwarding of a number. Am I missing something?
    08-05-09 02:04 PM
    Where do you get this idea? I have YouMail and I am not getting charged for forwarding of a number. Am I missing something?
    Its not just Youmail. If you forward a call or recieve a forwarded call and its not to a Verizon number, its a "toll call". With Youmail, it's only like a minute, but definitely a charged call. Unless ... you put the number in your Friends, Family if you have that option.
    08-05-09 02:23 PM
    Don't know if it changed but it was Sprint that charged 20 cents for a forwarded call.

I'd look into it if your on Sprint and use youmail
    08-05-09 02:48 PM
    Its not just Youmail. If you forward a call or recieve a forwarded call and its not to a Verizon number, its a "toll call". With Youmail, it's only like a minute, but definitely a charged call. Unless ... you put the number in your Friends, Family if you have that option.
    never been charged at all for this. I've had YouMail since the Storm days of late 2008.
    08-05-09 02:49 PM
    Oh, OK. I counted my YouMail minutes and came to 30 minutes on a 900 minute plan, so I guess I can get some usage out of that 900 minutes! The Family & Friends plan on Verizon requires a minimum 900 minutes plan, so if your most frequent calls or lengthy calls are part of your F&F, you'll have plenty of spare minutes for YouMail.

I just love how stuff that is supposed to be free ends up costing more than stuff that has a price! BB Scanner is free. Well, not exactly. Pandora is free. Well, not exactly. The list goes on...
    08-05-09 02:57 PM
    Does the visual voice drain your battert?

08-05-09 05:13 PM
    Doesn't drain at all. It's push, so it's inactive until vzw pushes a new message into the app.

08-05-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD