I'm still attempting to get my BB Tour to connect with my laptop - took both items to Alltel/Verizon and they were able to connect my phone up without a problem to their computer. Took my computer to Best Buy and the Geek let me down by leaving a message that there might be something going on with my computer but not sure what and went to lunch. Grrrrr. So I got to thinking on the way home -- I had this techno kid come over to network my laptop to a computer and printer in my home 6 months ago -- thought it would be a simple deal but he messed for 3 days and never did get the job done -- my thought -- have there been Vista services shut off / disabled in that attempt that are now needed for my Blackberry? Any ideas here? I don't want to start enabling and disabling stuff without some clear guidance from some one wiser than me. I wish there was a way I could hit a "restore defaults" and see if that fixed the issue?
    11-11-09 12:43 PM
    No suggestions for me?
    11-11-09 05:26 PM
    On hold waiting for Blackberry support folks now!
    11-11-09 06:33 PM
    Perhaps admin rights on your laptop are preventing the connection you are seeking
    11-11-09 06:54 PM
    I've tried to install "as Administrator" even though I am logged in as an Admin -- is there some other settings I need to look at?
    11-11-09 08:27 PM
    What do you want to do for connecting? Tethering? Do you have desktop manager installed?

When I would plug my tour in, it wouldn't recognize it as a modem. Only the memory card. I uninstalled the DM I already had and reinstalled the DM softward from the blackberry site. It has all drivers and modems in it. Now I can tether without an issue.

Or won't the computer recognize the tour at all?
    11-11-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD