I've seen that a lot of people is concerned with the video recording quality on the TOUR compared to the one on the IPHONE.

Here are the two videos:

1) IPHONE:

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadg...enny_chase.MOV

2) TOUR:

In my opinion the IPHONE has better quality, but the TOUR is the best blackberry at video recording so far.
    06-18-09 04:33 PM
    keep in mind that it could be partially the conversion method used..

the iPhone one was in full quality quicktime..

where as you tube probably down converted slightly..
    06-18-09 04:38 PM
    Salo, the first link doesn't work.
    06-18-09 04:40 PM
    Salo, the first link doesn't work.
    mmmm

Try it now...

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadg...enny_chase.MOV
    06-18-09 04:42 PM
    Bulldogs are great.
    06-18-09 04:47 PM
    I still think the tour video was downgraded by youtube because I have better video coming out of my storm right here..

and I am assuming that the tour at least matches the storm
    06-18-09 04:50 PM
    The tour video looks great! Clear. What more could you ask for? Cool dog!!
    06-18-09 04:51 PM
    I still think the tour video was downgraded by youtube because I have better video coming out of my storm right here..

and I am assuming that the tour at least matches the storm
    You are right about YouTube. I have several videos shot in high definition that just don't look the same on YouTube as they do on my television.
    06-18-09 04:52 PM
    You are all right about the youtube thing. The video looks at least 5 times better in my computer.
    06-18-09 04:55 PM
    Put them on rapidshare or something. Then we can see the real versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 04:56 PM
    salomondrin your videos are hilarious!!! and thanks for the vids i love the size and love the look of it. and the browser kicks major ***!
    06-18-09 04:59 PM
    salomondrin your videos are hilarious!!! and thanks for the vids i love the size and love the look of it. and the browser kicks major ***!
    Thank you so much! My main goal is to provide as much information as possible in a fun way for everyone.
    06-18-09 05:04 PM
    A couple of things to note here:

1. The player for the iPhone movie is Quicktime, while the 9630 is on YouTube. Flash can really degrade the quality of videos, even on high quality mode.

2. The iPhone shot was longer and mobile - it showed different areas. The 9630's video showed a limited space with not much movement, so it was hard to see how other places would look.

3. Although the lighting on the 9630's vid was good, the iPhone's lighting was SUPERB... bright sunlight. You really can't beat that, and it's the optimal conditions for filming. And the more light, the better the quality.
    06-18-09 06:24 PM
    The video recording on the tour is really good.. as stated youtube downgrades the video but having used the tour for video alot on a recent NYC trip I can tell you it doesnt a very serviceable job.
    06-18-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD