So I was thinking about what I don't like about my Storm. The only thing is when I miss calls when the phone is in my pocket, due to the horrible strength of the vibrate.

Anyone who has used the Tour want to chime in on the vibrate on this phone? I read Kevin's reviews but didn't see anything on the vibrate. On the Curve it is was on my nightstand the vibrate would wake me up it was so loud.....I need it back
    05-29-09 11:46 AM
    i'll assume it's as good as all the qwerty keyboard devices. the storm probably got a smaller piece due to size restraints due to the touch screen hardware.
    05-29-09 12:35 PM
    i'll assume it's as good as all the qwerty keyboard devices. the storm probably got a smaller piece due to size restraints due to the touch screen hardware.
    I hope so. I really cannot believe how terrible the vibrate on the Storm is. My brothers 8330's vibrate is amazingly strong. I forgot how jolting it is when you have it in a holster!

I really hope the Tour is like this. Then again, people are claiming that the Tour has the same insides as the Storm...that might be trouble.
    05-29-09 12:55 PM
    I hope its better, that point alone would make me keep the Storm until another model came out. A business phone isn't a business phone if you can only get to 75% of your calls....
    05-29-09 01:14 PM
    I hope its better, that point alone would make me keep the Storm until another model came out. A business phone isn't a business phone if you can only get to 75% of your calls....

the storm wasn't marketed as a business phone, I am sure the tour will be more in line with there other devices.. I would compare it to the bold.
    05-29-09 03:14 PM
    the storm wasn't marketed as a business phone, I am sure the tour will be more in line with there other devices.. I would compare it to the bold.
    I've seen the commercials.....yes it is.

But back to what I said I wasn't complaining about typing or anything else about the touch screen. I'm talking about the vibrate function. Most dumb phones vibrate better so
    05-29-09 09:12 PM
    So I was thinking about what I don't like about my Storm. The only thing is when I miss calls when the phone is in my pocket, due to the horrible strength of the vibrate.

Anyone who has used the Tour want to chime in on the vibrate on this phone? I read Kevin's reviews but didn't see anything on the vibrate. On the Curve it is was on my nightstand the vibrate would wake me up it was so loud.....I need it back
    The vibration is pretty strong on the 9630. I never miss e-mails, txt messages, and/or bbm's
    05-29-09 10:24 PM
    something to keep in mind, the more well built a product is, the vibrate will be less

my bold (well built, made in canada) has "dull" vibrate compared to the "strong" vibrate of my 8330 (plastic, made in mexico)

if they increase the vibration motor it means more power, which translates to less battery life, they probably figured out what the best trade off was.
    Last edited by Torell; 05-30-09 at 08:59 AM.
    05-30-09 07:54 AM
    The vibration is pretty strong on the 9630. I never miss e-mails, txt messages, and/or bbm's
    Thank you.....with the plastic back I was hoping the phone would be lighter so the vibrate would be stronger.
    05-30-09 11:08 AM
    Thank you.....with the plastic back I was hoping the phone would be lighter so the vibrate would be stronger.
    same hear i was just thinking about this question
    05-30-09 01:52 PM
    To me the storms vibrate is good though. Apparently some people think the opposite but I haven't had a issue missing a call or anything based on the vibrate.

Keep in mind my phone has been on vibrate almost the entire time I have owned it as well.
    05-30-09 05:06 PM
    the curve vibrate is too loud, the storm vibrate is too quiet lol :P
    but eh, i dont care
    05-30-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD