So i set up my vibrate-only profile for while at work. I wanted a single, short vibrate in and out of holster.

I set it this way for every type of email & message, but for some reason I get 2 medium vibrates every time a message is delivered.

Really bothering me that the options are there but it wont work. I tried pulling the battery and it did not help.

Anyone have any advice?
    07-15-09 09:21 AM
    I'm having the same issue as well... maybe it's a firmware bug?
    07-15-09 10:23 AM
    I read that if you want to change that you need to create a custom profile.

Those other profiles will only modify the Normal profile - using the same settings from it but modifying to reflect the desired setting (Louder, Quieterm, etc.)

If you create a custom profile you might be able to modify that setting to one vibrate.
    07-15-09 10:30 AM
    im thinking so, because I had the same issue on my Storm. I was hoping it would be fixed for the Tour.

anyone find a solution?
    07-15-09 10:30 AM
    Same issue here, except with the gmail app - I set it for LED but I still get the double vibrate! Would love to hear an explanation/solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 10:33 AM
    Yep I also have the same issue.
    07-15-09 10:35 AM
    I read that if you want to change that you need to create a custom profile.

Those other profiles will only modify the Normal profile - using the same settings from it but modifying to reflect the desired setting (Louder, Quieterm, etc.)

If you create a custom profile you might be able to modify that setting to one vibrate.
    ok i just tried this, setup a custom profile for Work. Ill will report back after I get a msg to see if its working correctly.
    07-15-09 10:38 AM
    ...and its working!!!!!!!!!!

Just create a custom profile for vibrate, and use Loud profile as standard profile.

Couldnt be happier...thanks gadzooks
    07-15-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD