all this stuff is confusing right?
    i was tempted to see if i get my aug 15 ne2 bumped up. reading this and other threads made me decide to actually wait it out. side benefit for me is that if there any bugs or snafus they will hopefully be worked out by then.
    They don't release phones to the public to THEN work out snafus and bugs. they do it beforehand. LOL! Trust me, they've tried to work all of that out before the release. It's man made, so it's susceptible to issues like any other product - even a Mercedes Benz. But I can understand if you're wanting the phone now, but are just trying to psyche yourself out saying "well, all the bugs will be gone by then."
    07-10-09 01:42 PM
    I would think so. You're a secondary right? But if you've only got a month on your contract you could just ask CS to bump up your upgrade by a month. They've been known to have bump up upgrades by 2 months sometimes.
    My daughters was due in NOVEMBER and was bumped all the way up. ANYTHING in the next 6 months gets bumped all the way up and can get a upgrade at the discounted price if it's a secondary line.
    07-10-09 01:43 PM
    I'm out of luck... My annual upgrade isn't until NOVEMBER!!! I'm going to have to pay full retail! no freaken way am going to wait till then!!!!
    07-10-09 01:49 PM
    I'm out of luck... My annual upgrade isn't until NOVEMBER!!! I'm going to have to pay full retail! no freaken way am going to wait till then!!!!
    What do you mean? November IS within the next 6 months. Anyhow, if you're not a secondary line it wouldn't matter.
    07-10-09 01:51 PM
    My upgrade is November 8, 2009 and I was just on the phone with a VZW rep and she said that she was unable to give me an early upgrade for the discounted price. She also said that verizon does not do those type of upgrades. She told me I had to wait till November.

I told her that my friend was able to get this upgrade earlier in the day, but she totally denied me.

If there is any further assistance or tips anyone who has used this upgrade can give me it would be greatly appreciated.
    07-10-09 01:58 PM
    My upgrade is November 8, 2009 and I was just on the phone with a VZW rep and she said that she was unable to give me an early upgrade for the discounted price. She also said that verizon does not do those type of upgrades. She told me I had to wait till November.

I told her that my friend was able to get this upgrade earlier in the day, but she totally denied me.

If there is any further assistance or tips anyone who has used this upgrade can give me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Is your line a secondary line? But even if it's not, primary lines are allowed a much earlier upgrade. Makes no sense to upgrade just a secondary line and not a primary line first.

Seems VZW is inconsistent. Trust me, this is what the woman told me on the phone and she offered it to me. But again, she told me NO at first, then put me on hold and came back with this promotion. So I have no idea how they do what they do.

Sigh...
    07-10-09 02:01 PM
    From what I have been reading it seems that the thing Verizon is best at is being INCONSISTENT.

I have read many posts about people getting early upgrades for a month, 6 months, and even over a year early.

I guess its just my luck.
    07-10-09 02:08 PM
    They don't release phones to the public to THEN work out snafus and bugs. they do it beforehand. LOL! Trust me, they've tried to work all of that out before the release. It's man made, so it's susceptible to issues like any other product - even a Mercedes Benz. But I can understand if you're wanting the phone now, but are just trying to psyche yourself out saying "well, all the bugs will be gone by then."
    I think he's afraid of another Storm fiasco. But the Tour will be nothing like that. It's a traditional QWERTY BB and RIM's got that down.
    07-10-09 02:17 PM
    I would think so. You're a secondary right? But if you've only got a month on your contract you could just ask CS to bump up your upgrade by a month. They've been known to have bump up upgrades by 2 months sometimes.
    Yes i am a secondary line. But i will call CS and see what they say, hopefully they will let me upgrade early to a one year price. Thanks for the reply!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 04:24 PM
    I had gotten a text about this promotion as well earlier in the week. When I called I was told that they were only applicable to smartphones that weren't the Tour.

The lady's response didn't matter to me much, as I'm expecting a call from the someone in Executive Relations that said they would grant me an early upgrade for the Tour when it came out. So I expect to hear from her on Monday.

Just thought I'd try out the promotion though in an attempt to at least get an order through and processed so I didn't have to wait until Monday after work to order.
    07-10-09 06:57 PM

i got my curve 6/08. I am one year into my 2 year contract. that gave me an annual upgrade. I have had two refurb curves in that year, the last one arriving just days before my 1 year warranty was up. I had problems with the track ball and charging port almost immediately, but of course just a day or two after my 1 yr anniversary date. I called to change my plan a week ago and mentioned the issues and the rep gave me 2 year pricing. My ne2 isn't until (9/10 although I thought that date was incorrect.
    I called CS last night, to check on my ne2 date. While on the phone i mentioned i had been having trouble with the curve but its past my 1 yr warranty date. The CS rep looked and said wow, you have been with us since 1994, let me see what we can do for you. He asked me if I had heard about the tour..I played dumb and said no....
    He put me on hold for a few mins, came back and said..go buy yourself a new blackberry on Sunday, little lady He had reset my ne2 for me.
    So 2 year price-mir-ne2 = tour for $99...sweeet!
    I really was not trying to get my ne2 date changed, just wanted it corrected to 6/10 from 9/10. The cs rep offered to change it without me even asking.

I think it just depends on which rep you get and how you play out the situation. Pay dumb, don't ask for the tour specifically and above all, be as polite and respectful as you can be...worked for me
    07-10-09 07:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD