Yesterday the Tour was $269 with a $70 rebate, today it's $299 with a $100 rebate? So the price is the same but if you buy it in the store, they get to hold your $100 ($30 more than yesterday) for the time it takes to get the rebate card.

Verizon isn't making the BB leap all that attractive or simple.
    08-01-09 11:24 PM
    Already a thread on this, and ya, it makes no sense to me either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:29 PM
    All blackberries have a $100 rebate now with vzw I think. That seems a little too much to me.

08-01-09 11:34 PM
    Just be thankful that you don't live in Canada!
    08-01-09 11:39 PM
    Just be thankful that you don't live in Canada!
    We will be soon. Go Obama!

*run*

08-01-09 11:41 PM
    ah geez. thank god i was an early adopter.
    08-02-09 12:41 AM
    We will be soon. Go Obama!

*run*

That is awesome
    08-02-09 12:42 AM
    Their (BestBuy's) price went from $99 to $149.

Well, that gives me another reason to wait. Looking for a good price and BB Desktop for the Mac next month.
    08-02-09 12:04 PM
    I'd like to know why I went through an unbelievable ordeal last year when I ordered a Blackberry Curve to replace one I thought was lost to water damage. I resurrected it and sold the new one. I was charged the difference between upgrade price and retail price for THREE MONTHS while a slew of phone reps tried to figure out why -- I'd signed every conceivable contract term, etc. Finally someone said "oh, you have to send back the phone you've upgraded from" .. so I sent back the little cheap Samsung from that line and poof, problem solved.

Now if I go to use my upgrade eligibility for a Tour, am I going to also have to send back the phone attached to the line that's eligible for the upgrade?

Sigh.
    08-02-09 12:23 PM
    Yesterday the Tour was $269 with a $70 rebate, today it's $299 with a $100 rebate? So the price is the same but if you buy it in the store, they get to hold your $100 ($30 more than yesterday) for the time it takes to get the rebate card.

Verizon isn't making the BB leap all that attractive or simple.
    Verizon stores are not Verizon corporate outlets. They are retailers. It's more cost-effective for them to process rebates (tax difference).
    08-02-09 12:25 PM
    I'd like to know why I went through an unbelievable ordeal last year when I ordered a Blackberry Curve to replace one I thought was lost to water damage. I resurrected it and sold the new one. I was charged the difference between upgrade price and retail price for THREE MONTHS while a slew of phone reps tried to figure out why -- I'd signed every conceivable contract term, etc. Finally someone said "oh, you have to send back the phone you've upgraded from" .. so I sent back the little cheap Samsung from that line and poof, problem solved.

Now if I go to use my upgrade eligibility for a Tour, am I going to also have to send back the phone attached to the line that's eligible for the upgrade?

Sigh.
    if you renew your contract, you don't have to give back your old phone, i think it's because you were given a replacement phone that you had to return the original.
    08-02-09 01:00 PM
    Please read your insurance contract with Asurion. You told them that you lost your phone. You paid your $50 and got a replacement. Next you switched back to your old misplaced phone and sold the replacement. Hmmm, if you did the above with a car and your insurance company you would goto jail for fraud.

Its the same thing here. You paid for insurance, filed a claim and sold the replacement for cash.

That doesn't have anything to do with your VZW account, you are eligible for a discount based upon your plan and how long since your last upgrade. The phone you buy from VZW is yours to keep. Your replacement phone from the insurance would have been yours to keep if, infact you had really lost the original.
    08-02-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD