08-18-09 08:34 PM
    Interesting. Will be sweet to see it happen. Thanks for the post!
    Let's just hope it's true!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:37 PM
    a new OS would be nice. the current one is pretty flawless, i just think its a bit ridiculous how the 8520 had a new OS come out before it was released in the US and every other phone is spittin out a new one every other day.
    08-18-09 08:38 PM
    I receive my Tour tomorrow and a shiny, nice, new OS to go along with a new device would be the shiznit.
    08-18-09 08:41 PM
    I agree. While some people have been having issues that may be attributed to software "lag", I have been rock solid. This update may help them. We shall see...
    08-18-09 08:41 PM
    I hope so sounds like might fix some of the things I have been seeing.
    08-18-09 08:44 PM
    the OS as of right now is impressive, i can only imagine what upgraded will do it to! this is a great phone!
    08-18-09 08:44 PM
    the OS as of right now is impressive, i can only imagine what upgraded will do it to! this is a great phone!
    Agreed. Probably why this is only going from .40 > .42
    08-18-09 08:45 PM
    So this minor upgrade will fix the lag issues that the hybrid has fixed for weeks now?

I'll pass.
    08-18-09 08:45 PM
    So this minor upgrade will fix the lag issues that the hybrid has fixed for weeks now?

I'll pass.
    There may be people who wish to run only officially released OS builds, and not ones that were hacked together.
    08-18-09 08:47 PM
    This should also fix some Visual Voicemail concerns as well. I do get some info, but cannot post here.
    08-18-09 08:49 PM

I'll pass.
    If it works for your great as stated above, som like to run the official version. If you do call in for any support and the version is checked.

1. VZW tech will not support and

2. If the device needs to be replaced, hope you downgrade, as it will not be replaced.

After spending 4 years here, I have learned to check this on every call. While I do resolve the concern that every customer has, if it is a non-relased version, O-Well.
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-18-09 at 09:05 PM. Reason: fixed to 4 years
    08-18-09 08:52 PM
    a new OS would be nice. the current one is pretty flawless, i just think its a bit ridiculous how the 8520 had a new OS come out before it was released in the US and every other phone is spittin out a new one every other day.
    Yeah Verizon (and subsequently I guess Sprint) always drag their damned *** feet when it comes to OS updates. So annoying. "Oh we have to make sure it's up to Verizon standards" Whatever... Lame.

If it works for your great as stated above, som like to run the official version. If you do call in for any support and the version is checked.

2. If the device needs to be replaced, hope you downgrade, as it will not be replaced.

After spending a year here, I have learned to check this on every call. While I do resolve the concern that every customer has, if it is a non-relased version, O-Well.
    I don't mind running OS versions that were released for other carriers that weren't released for another. Or even a Beta OS, so long as I can go back. I won't run the hybrid OS though, I think that's nuts. You're running code that was never meant to run together... but then again I've been lucky in that I have had zero problems with my Tour (knock on wood) I'm sure if my Tour was flaky and the only way to fix it was to run the hybrid OS I would probably do so, but obviously I'd prefer the official OS fix over it :P
    08-18-09 08:59 PM

After spending a year here, I have learned to check this on every call. While I do resolve the concern that every customer has, if it is a non-relased version, O-Well.
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually had to take my Tour into Verizon last week, as it never fully booted up after a battery pull (or rather, I tried like 3 or 4).

I brought it into Verizon and they just swapped me a new Tour, even though I think they eventually got my old one to boot up.

It was running the hybrid -- but that had nothing to do with it getting stuck in the reboot (pretty sure a theme caused that)

Anyways, I guess I got lucky, lol. I have no qualms with backing up my data and downgrading to the original OS if I need Verizon to take a look at my Tour though.

Hopefully there's some additional fixes in this new OS so irtehun can incorporate them into a hybrid v. 4.3
    08-18-09 09:01 PM
    Hybrids blow : )

08-18-09 09:33 PM
    I've been eying the hybrid, but I'm nervous about hybrids too. It's probably just ignorance, but I don't want to explain to my business partner how I fried my new Tour if it goes screwy. Company phone = official OS's only in my mind.

08-18-09 09:54 PM
    My only issue is the muffled Bluetooth problem. Hope that is resolved...

08-18-09 09:54 PM
    Verizon launched it first so they should be the first to release it
    08-18-09 10:04 PM
    The hybrid on my phone reports itself as being 4.7.1.40 and not 5.0 so I don't think customer support will be a problem as not all of the Java files are 5.0. I am not really one to screw around with hybrids, because I like the straight up stuff, but it's actually not bad...
    08-18-09 10:24 PM
    install the hybrid and ****** about any other problems until a significantly upgraded os is released

if you cannot deal with that then bring the phone back
    08-18-09 10:53 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't waste my time on a Hybrid, no offense just better safe than sorry.
    08-19-09 05:08 AM
    [QUOTE=cereal killer;3374705]Hybrids blow : )

Have you tried one? If not you can't say anything. I personally run hybrids on my storm and I plan on doing so on my tour. I was ready to get rid of my storm until I started using lyricidals hybrids. The differences can be astounding. there is always a way to undo things

08-19-09 05:51 AM
    What are the chances of an OS update fixing how the trackball registers on screen? Hmmm..............Anyone wanna chime in?
    08-19-09 06:25 AM
    yeah i wouldnt touch any Hybrids at all
    08-19-09 07:26 AM
    I have had hybrids for the storm and Tour and I have had issues. I am not sure if it was the Hybrid or me but I will stay away from Hybrids here on out
    08-19-09 08:12 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD