Did anyone else get an email this morning from Verizon asking permission to share Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)? I am not sure what this is but I was wondering if I should share this information with VZW family of networks.

Here's the email -

At Verizon Wireless, we value you as a customer, and we know how important privacy is to you.
    As a company, we have a long-standing policy of guarding personal customer information.
    This notice contains information about Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI).
    Verizon Wireless needs your permission to share your CPNI within the Verizon family of companies,
    which includes our affiliates, agents and parent companies (including Vodafone), as well as
    their subsidiaries. This information allows us to better serve you by identifying, offering and
    providing the most appropriate communications products and services to fit your needs. You have
    the right to request that we not share such information, so please read this notice carefully.
    Regardless of your decision, your CPNI will never be shared by Verizon Wireless with any unrelated
    third parties.
    As your wireless provider, Verizon Wireless may have certain information about you that is made
    available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with you, such as details regarding the
    telecommunications services you purchase, as well as the type, destination, technical configuration,
    location and amount of use of such services. This information and the related billing details are known
    as CPNI. The protection of your CPNI is important to us, and we acknowledge that you have a right,
    and we have a duty under federal and state law, to protect the confidentiality of this information.
    You have a right to request that your CPNI remain private, and may do so by clicking the Do Not Share
    My CPNI button below. Unless you notify us within 45 days of receiving this notice that you do not want
    your CPNI shared, we will assume that you give us the right to share your CPNI with the authorized companies described above.
    Please be advised if you allow your CPNI to be shared, your consent will remain valid until we receive your notice withdrawing it, or for two years, whichever comes first. You may withdraw your consent at any time through My Verizon.

If you would like more information on CPNI and selecting Do Not Share, please review the
    frequently asked questions.
    09-02-09 09:23 AM
    Nope can't say that I did but I wouldn't give them my consent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 09:49 AM
    Might get a better response over in the verizon forums here on CB. Lots of reps read over there and probably know exactly what this is.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/

09-02-09 09:57 AM
    No. I haven't received anything from Verizon regarding this.
    09-02-09 09:59 AM
    Might get a better response over in the verizon forums here on CB. Lots of reps read over there and probably know exactly what this is.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/

Thanks! I will try to post it on the other forum. I didn't give them the permission though.
    09-02-09 10:41 AM
    I think I got a REAL LETTER to that effect a few weeks ago. It contained an OPT-OUT phone number. I called it and opted OUT.

I am not concerned about missing out on anything 3rd party "friends" of Verizon offer. It is my phone and my privacy.

I'm curious what email address the OP received this on? The BB-associated email or some other.
    Last edited by F2; 09-02-09 at 11:43 AM.
    09-02-09 11:39 AM
    I got the same email this morning and deleted it...
    09-02-09 04:29 PM
    I got same to I just deleted it

09-02-09 05:07 PM
    I would call VZW, they can explain the meaning the letter the best for you.
    09-02-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD