OMG!!! Verizon just released another
    OS for the storm 2 9550 OS 5.0.0.510
    11-13-09 02:05 PM
    Just Kidding
    11-13-09 02:05 PM
    Does anyone know whats taking Verizon wireless so long to offically release OS 5.0. Verizon has released to os and then retracted the release for some reason, It seems that they just wait for hype of an OS to happen, or a leaked version to cause enough hype, The Storm1 OS was released when a leaked version was causing so much activity over the internet. I understand that the Storm OS has had issues after the official release, but the Storm and the Tour are completely different hardware, they should respond completely differently, The coding should be completely different between devices.

Furthermore, the short amount of time that has passed since the release of the TOUR 9630, Verizon Wireless is already planning to acquire the TOUR 2, which basically is an improved version of the TOUR 9630, fixing the issues of the trackball (because the TOUR 2 is going to be equipped with a trackpad) also the tour2 will have wifi, All of this is great but how does this help the costumers that have the tour, most of us are in a contract that first needs to expire until we can get the tour 2. What are you doing Verizon?
    Not sure I understand - you don't want Verizon to release new devices until you're eligible for the upgrade discount? Call vzw, maybe they'll cease all development and product releases and wait for your two years to expire.
    11-13-09 04:21 PM
    The Storm 1 and all that is totally irrelevant. Why doesn't anyone mention that Verizon is the first carrier to carry the Tour 9630 than sprint righttt? So why does Sprint have a updated OS and Verizon doesn't? We are the first Tour users and we get the update late. The Essex is cool and all but since their releasing phones that come with everything ours didn't the least they could do is constantly upgrade the OS. Call RIM they'll tell you the don't know WTH Verizon is doing cause their the only one without the new OS!? Call Verizon.."any day now","a new OS?","what's a Tour?" these are the dumb a** answers you'll get from those bright Verizon reps. Were trying to be patient but give us a date or just tell us its never coming..just for some peace of mind.
    His first post,....all just to say that? and, "tell us its never coming"....lol...

Anyways...their wont be a 4.8, but ya, u can definitely grab the sprints OS and roll with that...4.7 will be next...not 5.0, unless they changer their mind...
    Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 11-13-09 at 05:32 PM.
    11-13-09 05:26 PM
    ...makes me glad that my time on this earth is getting closer to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    I'm counting the minutes.
    11-13-09 06:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD