Does anyone know whats taking Verizon wireless so long to offically release OS 5.0. Verizon has released to os and then retracted the release for some reason, It seems that they just wait for hype of an OS to happen, or a leaked version to cause enough hype, The Storm1 OS was released when a leaked version was causing so much activity over the internet. I understand that the Storm OS has had issues after the official release, but the Storm and the Tour are completely different hardware, they should respond completely differently, The coding should be completely different between devices.

Furthermore, the short amount of time that has passed since the release of the TOUR 9630, Verizon Wireless is already planning to acquire the TOUR 2, which basically is an improved version of the TOUR 9630, fixing the issues of the trackball (because the TOUR 2 is going to be equipped with a trackpad) also the tour2 will have wifi, All of this is great but how does this help the costumers that have the tour, most of us are in a contract that first needs to expire until we can get the tour 2. What are you doing Verizon?
    11-12-09 10:54 PM
    I can say...ummm...wow...nice theory...but...ur right about Verizon not releasing the OS. But last time something was pulled it wasn't no 5.0os. Now about the Tour2...that thing is not even official and if anything, based on pure speculation, it'll come out in feb/mar....5.0OS for Tour will come out when it comes out, and the only reason Storm1 got 5.0 was cuz Storm2 came out too...but nonetheless, Storm1 has had lots of leaks before it even came to 5.0...right now, theirs no competition or rush to releasing 5.0 for the Tour...and if anything, its a good thing they're taking their time as they make sure we don't get a bum in our Tours then get all kinds of leaks and officials that do the same thing or lack in like the Storm1 had.
    11-12-09 11:02 PM
    I can say...ummm...wow...nice theory...but...ur right about Verizon not releasing the OS. But last time something was pulled it wasn't no 5.0os. Now about the Tour2...that thing is not even official and if anything, based on pure speculation, it'll come out in feb/mar....5.0OS for Tour will come out when it comes out, and the only reason Storm1 got 5.0 was cuz Storm2 came out too...but nonetheless, Storm1 has had lots of leaks before it even came to 5.0...right now, theirs no competition or rush to releasing 5.0 for the Tour...and if anything, its a good thing they're taking their time as they make sure we don't get a bum in our Tours then get all kinds of leaks and officials that do the same thing or lack in like the Storm1 had.
    ditto. I'd rather they take their time and have a bug proof OS than them rush something out to make a few customers happy. Also, the truth is that a lot of people are content with 4.7 still, and others are fine with having leaked 5.0 versions until the official comes out. As you said, there's no urgency for them to release it.
    11-12-09 11:16 PM
    I am pretty sure you will see a 4.7 update soon
    11-12-09 11:19 PM
    Why still 4.7?? We need an official 5.0 OS already...
    11-12-09 11:30 PM
    Believe me, there not releasing 5.0 next....yester18 is right on the money, and 4.7 is right...so if u want 5.0...ur gonna have to go with the leaks, and wait for even more leaks.
    11-12-09 11:48 PM
    The Storm 1 and all that is totally irrelevant. Why doesn't anyone mention that Verizon is the first carrier to carry the Tour 9630 than sprint righttt? So why does Sprint have a updated OS and Verizon doesn't? We are the first Tour users and we get the update late. The Essex is cool and all but since their releasing phones that come with everything ours didn't the least they could do is constantly upgrade the OS. Call RIM they'll tell you the don't know WTH Verizon is doing cause their the only one without the new OS!? Call Verizon.."any day now","a new OS?","what's a Tour?" these are the dumb a** answers you'll get from those bright Verizon reps. Were trying to be patient but give us a date or just tell us its never coming..just for some peace of mind.
    11-12-09 11:52 PM
    The Storm 1 and all that is totally irrelevant. Why doesn't anyone mention that Verizon is the first carrier to carry the Tour 9630 than sprint righttt? So why does Sprint have a updated OS and Verizon doesn't? We are the first Tour users and we get the update late. The Essex is cool and all but since their releasing phones that come with everything ours didn't the least they could do is constantly upgrade the OS. Call RIM they'll tell you the don't know WTH Verizon is doing cause their the only one without the new OS!? Call Verizon.."any day now","a new OS?","what's a Tour?" these are the dumb a** answers you'll get from those bright Verizon reps. Were trying to be patient but give us a date or just tell us its never coming..just for some peace of mind.
    Calm down Sprint and VZW got the tour on the same day, and it wasn't a big update. Relax.
    11-13-09 12:45 AM
    if you want an updated 4.7 like sprints for now... why not install sprints OS?
    people getting worked up about an OS upgrade when anyone can grab a released OS from another carrier and use it.
    if you want 5.0 install the leak and wait like everyone else.. all this complaining about an OS release is just hilarious.
    it doesnt matter what you want, it doesnt matter what you feel you need, or what you think you deserve... they will release the OS when they are ready, and no sooner.

cheers
    11-13-09 02:03 AM
    Anybody want to bet we'll see a 4.8 for the Tour?
    11-13-09 04:00 AM
    most likely
    11-13-09 04:33 AM
    VZW has to completely test the OS with all their applications to make sure it works for their customers before releasing it. As a customer, i'd be upset if they released it too early and caused me down time with my device. As for the leaks, I'm all about new technology, but I think bugs need to be worked out before I upgrade something that I'm so reliant on.
    11-13-09 08:30 AM
    If you want 5.0 on your phone now, load .230. I am having virtually no issues running it. Far superior to 4.7.1. Haven't you learned that you can't rely on VZW. You will wait around forever. The only reason 5.0 was released for the S1 was to shut S1 owners up about the S2 coming out. If the S2 wasn't out yet, .148 would still be official for the S1.
    11-13-09 09:02 AM
    I wish I could figure out why everyone gets so hellbent on having an OS update? Im running .40 still and I have no issues at all. I add a few themes I like as well as the apps and still no issues. I get the occasional hiccup but nothing so major that Im screaming for an update.

Dont get me wrong, Im all about having the latest and greatest. For some, Im sure this is critical. But if your Berry works, its a good Berry. Everyone relax.....take a deep breath.....now let it out....lol We will all get through this together.
    11-13-09 09:28 AM
    If you want 5.0 on your phone now, load .230. I am having virtually no issues running it. Far superior to 4.7.1. Haven't you learned that you can't rely on VZW. You will wait around forever. The only reason 5.0 was released for the S1 was to shut S1 owners up about the S2 coming out. If the S2 wasn't out yet, .148 would still be official for the S1.

I agree! Im on .230, i have ZERO issues. I don't care at this point if they come out with an official 5.0 update. I love the .230 leak. It's fast, it's better than any 4.7 issue, and it has some new nicities to it.

I went from my tour back to my curve and now back to my tour. I'll tell you. This phone is wicked fast and faster with the .230 OS. (and my signal is awesome since I took my SIM card out! lol.

Glad to be back to my Tour with .230.

If you upgrade to .230, make sure you do wipe first, load JUST the .230 OS and then manually reinstall your apps, then do a restore. It works great that way!
    11-13-09 09:43 AM
    I think everyone everywhere gets all up about a new OS being released bc they think its like a new phone being released. you see the droid and new WinMo phones, but WinMo 6.5 took forever and WinMo 7 will take even longer so its not BB, its all companies. As for BB, its not like this is a Windows XP to Vista to 7 upgrade, is there any graphical changes per se for BB OS5? If this was a big overhaul of the BB interface id understand more. Maybe faster? The browser is still crap. What is everyone expecting in the 5.0 upgrade? Im using a leaked OS5 and although its great, dont see a huge difference with my wifes 4.7. There is threaded SMS on OS5, but and you can use BBM5 on OS4.7.
    11-13-09 09:54 AM
    The only reason that some of are in need of the 5.0 update is to fix our BlueTooth volume issue. Will the 4.7 work for this via Sprint? I don't want to wipe my phone and reload all of my apps etc. - Is this possible to do with 4.7 from Sprint? Please post a link to the update - thanks in advance
    11-13-09 10:06 AM
    Why still 4.7?? We need an official 5.0 OS already...
    This. We're sick of waiting and I'm sick of RIM releasing products with no support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 11:19 AM
    It might have to do something with the fact that when Verizon released the 5.0 update for the Storm 1 user experenced issues with tethering. Thats my best guess.
    11-13-09 11:49 AM
    This. We're sick of waiting and I'm sick of RIM releasing products with no support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not everyone is sick of waiting. And what do you mean by releasing products with no support? 5.0 leaks aren't released by RIM. They are "leaks" and thus don't have support because they are not official.

If you really can't wait for the 3-4 big to slightly big changes, just download .230 or go with a hybrid.

All this hype for 5.0 when it REALLY is NOT that big of a change. I have a feeling everyone is going to be very disappointed when they see 5.0 isn't a huge difference. The OS is not being revamped.
    11-13-09 11:55 AM
    I have been at CB for a couple of months now, i have come to the conclusion that this world is loaded with whiners. cryers, theives, and all you young people that want something for nothing, makes me glad that my time on this earth is getting closer to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My son was into lying ,stealing and cheating, i iwll give you all one guess who sent him to prison for 5yrs, now he is on the straight and narrow
    11-13-09 12:28 PM
    I am pretty sure you will see a 4.7 update soon
    would rather see a 5.0 leak...
    11-13-09 01:51 PM
    I have been at CB for a couple of months now, i have come to the conclusion that this world is loaded with whiners. cryers, theives, and all you young people that want something for nothing, makes me glad that my time on this earth is getting closer to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My son was into lying ,stealing and cheating, i iwll give you all one guess who sent him to prison for 5yrs, now he is on the straight and narrow
    Old people are so cranky...

would rather see a 5.0 leak...
    Ditto
    11-13-09 01:54 PM
    Someone above wrote about .40 being stable. It's not. Wait until you have you first 552 error. Then you'll think about upgrading. Each time you install an app you roll the decide that you'll need to reinstall the .40 OS. Not cool.
    11-13-09 01:55 PM
    You grew up during a time when a company put out a product, they made sure it worked and stood behind it and actually made an effort to right their wrongs. This is no longer true. We have grown up being treated like criminals and common street trash that should be thankful that companies even make things for us to buy, which more often then not, do not work as advertised. The only way to get these companies to behave like a proper company should is to ***** and whine and moan and make such a stink that the company is forced to do something about it, usually creating another problem in the process.

The biggest problem with this phone is that the Bluetooth is UNUSABLE on numerous devices. Other wireless providers have solved this solution with a software update. Verizon is MIA, and they really do not care. In this day and age, given the laws, Bluetooth is an absolute necessity and this issue needs to be addressed.
    11-13-09 02:03 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD