i have called and gone to 3 stores all of which said that this is a "software" issue and that a fix is coming so im just going to have to wait. My trackball literally wont move right or left unless i move it 10 times. What do i do?
    08-24-09 04:46 PM
    If you come to my location ill exchange it for you. If its as bad as you say they should replace it. Try another location, unless you're exaggerating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 04:52 PM
    I would call technical support and continue calling until you find someone that knows what they are doing.

I had two replaced last week and didn't even have to finish my sentence of 'The trackball doesn't...' and the tech interrupted me with 'and are you needing replacements on both of yours or just one of them?'. Apparently you got a buckethead when you called before. Good luck.
    08-24-09 04:53 PM
    Something isn't right, it is not a software issue. I called today and the rep said that is an issue recognized by vzw and rim and they are sending me a refurb. U need to keep calling and ask for a manager.

08-24-09 04:54 PM
    Also, if you act like an ******* you are less likely to be helped, and they will add a note about your behavior and you will forever get less help than if you're calm and understanding and generally in a good mood

08-24-09 04:58 PM
    Be polite and it's no problem. Don't go in acting like you're owed something. Play victim, they'll be more than happy to work on a solution.

08-24-09 05:12 PM
    i did do that i promise im not a ****, i told them politely what was going on and when they gave me the information i said thank you and that was the end of it. Im going to do what you guys suggested and call again. Thank you very much
    08-24-09 06:09 PM
    Are you within your 30 days of purchase or beyond? My track ball is a mess as well and while I did the 90 sensitivity fix, I overshoot what I want most of the time so its still a pain. But i'm beyond my 30 days, does that matter? And has it really been concluded yet whether its a s/w or h/w issue?
    08-24-09 06:36 PM
    Bypass the stores. They are nothing but headaches in my experience. Call customer care (*611) and do your business there.
    08-24-09 06:46 PM
    Are you within your 30 days of purchase or beyond? My track ball is a mess as well and while I did the 90 sensitivity fix, I overshoot what I want most of the time so its still a pain. But i'm beyond my 30 days, does that matter? And has it really been concluded yet whether its a s/w or h/w issue?
    If you are within 30, they should give a brand new phone. After that, you may only get a refurb. But honestly, with a phone out a month, how "used" could they be
    08-24-09 06:47 PM
    thank you guys for your help. i called again and i am getting a new phone by Wednesday. i am passed my 30 days as i got the phone the day it came out, so this is very nice of them
    08-24-09 07:18 PM
    thank you guys for your help. i called again and i am getting a new phone by Wednesday. i am passed my 30 days as i got the phone the day it came out, so this is very nice of them
    Well...your 30 day no questions asked period is over, but the device is still under warranty.
    08-24-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD