Hi all!

Well, finally got my tour and it's FINALLY allowing calls, etc. (I was porting from a pre-paid to a post-paid...took a while).

Question about VVM: I loved that feature in iPhone and I see that with Verizon it costs an extra $2.99.

It said it comes with some other features... my question for you all VVMers... do you find it's worth the $2.99?

I don't mind paying that, but just wanted to hear some input from all of you who enjoy VVM.

Thanks very much for your time in reading and responding!
    Ted
    07-14-09 10:53 AM
    I think it is.
    It cuts down the time it takes to go through voicemails tremendously.
    Also, a lot of times, I want to just hear a specific voicemail from someone; in the past that would usually mean sitting through 2-3 other voicemail's that I really don't care about just to listen the one I wanted.
    07-14-09 10:57 AM
    i paid for it for 1 month when i got my storm and then deleted it. didnt really seem worth it for me, but i get very few VMs also.
    07-14-09 10:58 AM
    i may give it a try later, but i've been using youmail for a few months and haven't had a problem with it
    07-14-09 10:59 AM
    Thank you all for replying.

Question: What is Youmail? I'm guessing it's an app of some sorts?
    07-14-09 11:22 AM
    You Mail is an app you can download from the Blackberry App Store, and although I have it on my Curve, I would rather have the VVM offered by VZ however it is not available on that device.

I just think the VVM is a bit smoother and looks cooler (shrugs shoulders).
    07-14-09 11:30 AM
    Screw vvm get youmail it is free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:00 PM
    i'm trying youmail.... pretty slick gotta say... most people are switching over to my Google Voice # anyway but for now this will be useful.
    07-14-09 12:21 PM
    I like VVM personally, Its nice that you don't have to use minutes to check your voice mail and such.

I am shying away from the Google Voice, for the the fact that Google data mines enough of my life, I don't need them grep'n my voice mail as well.
    07-14-09 12:24 PM
    Hey is there a way I can configure Google Voice to be my default message taking system at all times? What is the *004* thing?
    07-14-09 12:28 PM
    When I got the storm , I opted for the VVM .. I have to say I do like it.. when I Get bombarded with vm's I dont have to plow listening to all of them.. I also like that you can create custom voice mail greeting messages to selected recipients (You have to play around in the voicemail menus to find that out).. I love playing pranks on people who reguarly call me.. I will make a custom vm greeting "hello.. uhh hellooo... yoo hoo.. anyone there..hello?.." .. gets them every time! hah.. oh, and your vm mailbox grows allowing you to keep it for a longer period of time, too... it's worth the 3 bux, for me.
    07-14-09 01:24 PM
    Hey is there a way I can configure Google Voice to be my default message taking system at all times? What is the *004* thing?
    GOOGLE VOICE as your Voice Mail instructions - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    07-14-09 01:29 PM
    VVM is well worth the $2.99 a month. If people can justify paying each month for Ringback Tones then I can justify VVM. I have YouMail on my 8330 since VVM was never offered on the Curve.It does a good job but I would use Verizon's version if it ever became available.
    Last edited by experiment626; 07-14-09 at 01:39 PM.
    07-14-09 01:34 PM
    Thank you all... I have to say I'm intrigued by Google Voice... but wondering if there is any word when it will be available? I did request an invite so I guess it's a waiting game.
    07-14-09 01:46 PM
    good point - only have to listen the the calls you want.
    07-14-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD