I got a Verizon Tour a few months ago. 4 weeks ago, my Tour told me I had to update the software over the networks so I did. Since then, I have had a few problems with it:

-the LED blinks even when there is no notice. The only way to stop it is to restart the phone

-even on vibrate, the phone still makes noise when I get a text or have a calendar appointment. Its quiet, but still noticeable.

I installed "StudentDocket" and "Lister" about a week or two after the update so it could be them. Any fixes?
    12-16-09 10:08 AM
    I had beeping and notification issues with Lister. They released an update yesterday, so download and see if it fixes anything. If not, then just uninstall it. It shouldn't be StudentDocket.
    12-16-09 10:16 AM
    same problems here :/
    12-16-09 11:00 AM
    Thanks for the help jorGeorge. I uninstalled Lister and the phone doesn't make noise on vibrate anymore, which is good. I haven't noticed the LED blinking when it shouldn't another plus.

Another problem that I failed to mention, and I attribute this directly to the update, is the fact that I can no longer type text messages in foreign characters. I used to be able to add accents and circumflexes and upside down question marks to texts but now I can't. I can still type memos and emails with foreign characters but not texts. Help?
    12-17-09 07:25 PM
    Another problem that I failed to mention, and I attribute this directly to the update, is the fact that I can no longer type text messages in foreign characters. I used to be able to add accents and circumflexes and upside down question marks to texts but now I can't. I can still type memos and emails with foreign characters but not texts. Help?
    Sounds as if you may not have installed some language module that you had previously. Hook up to Desktop Manager and to go Install applications and see if anything is offered. Oh, you might need to download the OS to your computer if you did an OTA update.
    12-17-09 08:28 PM
    Now that you mention, it i had brazilian portuguese installed but don't have it anymore. I reinstalled it last night, to no avail. I still can't type accented characters in texts. I haven't tried updating the OS to my computer. How do I do that?
    12-18-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD