Hello guys and gals,

I just recently picked up a bb tour with Verizon. My internet speeds are really crappy and takes forever to load webpages. I'm coming from a Sprint HTC touch pro, and my internet speeds were fast as ****, I figured Verizon being a better network, I would receive same or better speeds. I am in a great service area, and I get full signal. I verified all of my settings, I am on 1xEV network settings, cleared cache etc, and I'm in a great area. I'm using default bb browser. Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks so much!

-Brandon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 01:23 PM
    Hello guys and gals,

I just recently picked up a bb tour with Verizon. My internet speeds are really crappy and takes forever to load webpages. I'm coming from a Sprint HTC touch pro, and my internet speeds were fast as ****, I figured Verizon being a better network, I would receive same or better speeds. I am in a great service area, and I get full signal. I verified all of my settings, I am on 1xEV network settings, cleared cache etc, and I'm in a great area. I'm using default bb browser. Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks so much!

-Brandon

try opera mini its a better browser...
    11-04-09 01:30 PM
    How slow are you talking about here? Like 1 min to load a page? Everyone is going to be different due to many different factors.

Bolt and Opera mini are much faster and display pages like a desktop version. Give those a try since the default are known to be crappy.

11-04-09 01:36 PM
    Had the Tour for a Month, So far the internet is running great....
    11-04-09 01:36 PM
    i had a SPrint tour before i switched to a Verizon Tour.... the speeds will vary but yes i do believe from some experience that SPrints data is much quicker but, you get much better coverage with verizon so you gotta pick whats better for you? heres some data also from BG from a few months back. Carrier Wars: Sprint speed test results � Boy Genius Report

Hello guys and gals,

Thanks so much!

-Brandon

11-04-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD