might as well just lock this thread now
    it was confirmed somewhere and a few times i believe
    and on top of that CX confirmed it again in this thread
    i'm new but know of his rep being trustworthy
    07-08-09 07:02 PM
    just curious, if the GPS is unlocked on the VZW Tour and your able to get 3rd party Apps, is there a program like VZ NAV that will give you turn by turn GPS like say a garmin GPS? if so that would be cool.
    07-08-09 07:31 PM
    just curious, if the GPS is unlocked on the VZW Tour and your able to get 3rd party Apps, is there a program like VZ NAV that will give you turn by turn GPS like say a garmin GPS? if so that would be cool.
    I think the sprint version comes with , TV, turn by turn and music store included in the everything plan.
    07-08-09 07:59 PM
    I think the sprint version comes with , TV, turn by turn and music store included in the everything plan.
    Sprint is beginning to strip stuff (or at least charge more for features).

Regardless, "Sprint TV" and "music store" are consumer features that many corporations (a key target for this device) will block.
    07-08-09 08:03 PM
    sook or suck which ever you prefer I read the whole thread and threw my 2 cents in just like everyone is entitled right? Because I've heard you ***** and complain about people not searching the threads first ok. theres a turn by turn app called lifeinpocket.com I'm not sure if it works on the tour but it does on the storm.
    Last edited by stayfly; 07-08-09 at 08:13 PM.
    07-08-09 08:10 PM
    so... 4 more days... by the look of this flame ware we might burn the place down befor any of us actualy get the phone
    07-08-09 08:14 PM
    Phonearena's review said it wouldnt work when they tried it.
    Read the thread about the phonearena review before you make a decision trust out sources not theirs. There is no way they would lock this feature .

No wi-fi is correct though unfortunately and we can blame verizon they do not want this feature. The storm does not have wi-fi either yet phones on other services (AT&T) the bold have it
    07-08-09 08:29 PM
    again why will you blame verizon sprint doesn't have wifi telus doesn't have it but 90% of the window mobile phone have wifi so why will they single out blackberry and tell them no wifi?
    07-08-09 08:33 PM
    again why will you blame verizon sprint doesn't have wifi telus doesn't have it but 90% of the window mobile phone have wifi so why will they single out blackberry and tell them no wifi?
    I hope this was a joke.. well let me see Storm no wi-fi, tour no wi-fi, everyone wants it Bold has it. Its not difficult and I highly doubt RIM was like o lets put wif-fi on the tour so everyone joins at&t theres a background reason which has been addressed by the forum leaders here that verizon does not want it on its blackberry devices
    07-08-09 08:40 PM
    excuse me not the tour I meant bold* sorry for the error
    07-08-09 08:45 PM
    So I heard that the Tour has the GPS locked... any idea why?!?

I kid. I kid. Out for a couple of hours, but wanted to pile on. I really wish people would cross-check a source before jumping all over it. As for WiFi, I honestly don't care if my phone has it or not.
    07-08-09 08:54 PM
    No wi-fi is correct though unfortunately and we can blame verizon they do not want this feature. The storm does not have wi-fi either yet phones on other services (AT&T) the bold have it
    From what I've read (BGR, et. al), Sprint's Tour doesn't have WiFi either.
    07-08-09 08:55 PM
    Since Verizon will be the providing the largest market share for the phone, I think its safe to say they had a say on what went into the phone, and we know RIM wont be putting out multiple versions for the people who don't care to get bent by their provider.

That's why we're blaming Verizon.
    07-08-09 08:56 PM
    Since Verizon will be the providing the largest market share for the phone, I think its safe to say they had a say on what went into the phone, and we know RIM wont be putting out multiple versions for the people who don't care to get bent by their provider.

That's why we're blaming Verizon.
    Thank YOU thank YOU! I agree and this is the point I was trying to make but maybe I was unclear. If sprint's tour had wi-fi VZW would lose a ton of users because a lot of people want wi-fi. I dont really care either way having it would be nice but I wouldn't use it a ton.

again Thank you Tony I was starting to think my posts were in a different language
    07-08-09 09:12 PM
    So I heard that the Tour has the GPS locked... any idea why?!?

I kid. I kid. Out for a couple of hours, but wanted to pile on. I really wish people would cross-check a source before jumping all over it. As for WiFi, I honestly don't care if my phone has it or not.
    hahahahaha great one ! no joke you had me for a second hahaha I became exremely frustrated until I read lower haha thanks for the laugh friend!
    07-08-09 09:13 PM
    i know i have a pearl with the everything plan, but i was asking about Verizon.
    07-08-09 09:21 PM
    how to a simple question about GPS in the tour turn into this.. The tours GPS is unlocked. AGPS is used by VZ NAV... Garmin and Google Maps works fine.. AGPS just gets a fix faster.. Gmaps is actuate to 3 meters..
    07-08-09 09:43 PM
    It's also in this review too.. I Just read about this They said it seems the tour is locked because google maps was unable to pinpoint they're location and they hav ea picture RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 Review - page3 (Phone Arena Reviews)
    07-08-09 10:54 PM
    ^ Yeah I now phone arena made mistakes and didn't read much of the thread before posting. If there wasn't a picture of it i probably owuldn't have bothered.. Good to know that's not blocked for you verizon folks.. I don't bother gmaps for directions usually for just getting #s to businesses or finding one close to me. I'd use the nav provided but it's just alot quicker. I have a Tom Tom for directions if i really need em
    07-08-09 11:02 PM
    show proof that verizon doesn't want wifi or it never happened, window mobile has wifi why would they say no wifi for blackberry no proof.
    07-09-09 06:27 PM
    It seems CDMA BBs don't have WIFI for some reason. Verizon and Sprint seems want to control everything in order to charge users more.

The truth is, customers will shy away from them and they will have no one to squeeze on.
    You would have a valid argument if Verizon & Sprint didnt both have other PDAs that have WiFi, and have had them for several years.

The fact is that there has never been a CDMA blackberry that has WiFi. Period. Not in this country, not in this continent, not in this world.

The only logical decision one can draw from this, is that it is a R&D problem that RIM has not been able to solve, probably based on the fact that CDMA draws more power than GSM. Although, with recent rumors stating that all future CDMA berries will sport WiFi, they most likely have hammered out the kinks.

If and when BB comes out with a CDMA model that features WiFI, and Verizon either disables the WiFi, or doesnt carry that model, let the ******** & moaning being. Until then, enough with this complaining already.
    07-09-09 06:55 PM
    Well there's always Sprint if you wanna switch
    07-09-09 07:01 PM
    I diss like phone arena very much
    07-09-09 07:28 PM
    ... with recent rumors stating that all future CDMA berries will sport WiFi, they most likely have hammered out the kinks.
    Since Verizon is launching its LTE (4G) network next year, I'm not sure we'll see a CDMA BlackBerry w/ Wi-Fi.
    07-09-09 07:32 PM
    Since Verizon is launching its LTE (4G) network next year, I'm not sure we'll see a CDMA BlackBerry w/ Wi-Fi.
    The Storm 2 is rumored to be launching soon, within the next few months, and is supposed to see WiFi. So I guess its just a matter of playing the wait and see game.
    07-09-09 07:40 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD