Can anyone help please!!! I just bought a brand new tour that was unlocked from Verizon and switched it to Tmobile.. I can not use the data because of the service books will not download from tmobile.. I was on the phone for 3 hours yesterday with tmobile and blackberry.. There final decision was it wasnt going to work and I could use the phone as a paper weight.. Can anyone help please
    01-20-10 01:03 PM
    01-20-10 01:15 PM
    Can anyone help please!!! I just bought a brand new tour that was unlocked from Verizon and switched it to Tmobile.. I can not use the data because of the service books will not download from tmobile.. I was on the phone for 3 hours yesterday with tmobile and blackberry.. There final decision was it wasnt going to work and I could use the phone as a paper weight.. Can anyone help please
    Oddly enough, I did this just yesterday, One other tutorial that's helpful would be the BlackBerry 101 on how to run a Storm on GSM carriers, because it does vary much, and the BlackBerry 101 tutorial is more in-depth where it needs to be.

I found the easiest way is to use CrackUtil to remove the "net_rim_bb_browser_deamon" module, use Desktop Manager to load the Service Books, and then use CrackUtil again to restore "net_rim_bb_browser_deamon" - this process worked just fine for me.

[edit: As a little bit of advice, Be very careful with CrackUtil, It can and will mess up your device if you use it without thinking first, Make sure you read all the directions, and know exactly what your looking to do before even opening it.]
    01-20-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD