I really hate how Verizons SMS will only let you type 180 characters per text. It gets really annoying when you have to stop and split up the text yourself unlike the other carriers who does it automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 03:29 PM
    Download textender ($.99), beyond160($5.99 I believe, or crunchSMS which is free

02-19-10 03:32 PM
    I really hate how Verizons SMS will only let you type 180 characters per text. It gets really annoying when you have to stop and split up the text yourself unlike the other carriers who does it automatically.

It's unique to Verizon blackberries. I had a Motorola Q9c running WinMo 5.1 on it on Verizon that would automatically split up texts.
    02-19-10 03:40 PM
    It's unique to Verizon blackberries. I had a Motorola Q9c running WinMo 5.1 on it on Verizon that would automatically split up texts.
    Yeah its weird, I had a WinMo phone once also and it split my messages up. I wonder why they won't allow it on a BlackBerry.

02-19-10 03:52 PM
    It's actually 160 characters in sms.
    02-19-10 04:09 PM
    Just send a picture msg.

02-19-10 05:01 PM
    WOW cannot believe that this subject once again has been brought to out attention. Search is your best friend.

dont like 160 characters?

get a third party application
    use MMS - 1500 characters.
    Send an email
    and last but not least call

SMS = short message service,
    02-19-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD