If you find a reasonable store manager and tell him the truth, he may be willing to work with you.
    the more important part here is.....did it come from ebay, or a friend locally, or where....if someone local you've got a much better chance of getting compassion out of it....though, if you bought it on ebay, I'm gonna say if you admit to that, chances of getting it taken care of are gonna be pretty slim.....
    09-19-09 10:08 AM
    the more important part here is.....did it come from ebay, or a friend locally, or where....if someone local you've got a much better chance of getting compassion out of it....though, if you bought it on ebay, I'm gonna say if you admit to that, chances of getting it taken care of are gonna be pretty slim.....
    While I agree that it will be tough to get any compassion for an eBay or craigslist transaction, telling the truth is always the better route. Retail managers are used to people trying to take advantage of them on a daily basis so it is refreshing when someone actually tells the truth. There are no guarantees but honestly, these guys have seen and heard it all.
    09-19-09 10:21 AM
    Got it off craigslist

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:57 AM

I got it off craiglist

09-19-09 10:58 AM
    I find that simply being nice is the best route. I worked in retail and customer service in the past and kindness goes a LONG way. For example. I bought my tour used, off of craigslist and it was a first batch devise (loose battery door, crap trackball, etc), I took it to my local verizon store one hour later and simply and kindly told the rep that I had just purchased the phone and it was having issues. The rep pulled up my account and said no problem, your new tour will be delivered to your address in 2 days free of cost. I recieved the tour, which was in fact brand new and not a refurb. I have been using it for almost a month and it works perfectly. So once again, being nice helps
    09-19-09 11:17 AM
    The manufacturer warranty requires no registration right?
    09-19-09 05:11 PM
    I got it off craiglist

I'm not gonna say you won't find a store that'll warranty it, but, I know around here none of my local stores would.....especially since COAM (Customer Owned And Maintained) equipment is inherantly no-warranty.

also, if you're having trouble with the trackball, install DM, and do the update and see if it's still having troubles....
    09-19-09 05:17 PM
    I just got my blackberry off eBay and had a crappy trackball issue as well on a new phone. I went to the verizon store and they said to go to the other store to have the "Tech" look at it. So off I went to see the tech but he wasn't there. Luckily a saleperson who owned the same phone had the same problem and helped me compensate for the tour's inadequate sensitivity going left to right and vice versa.
    Go into Options
    Screen/keyboard adjust the trackball sensitivity to 90 for the direction the trackball really isn't working well.

It doesn't really fix the trackball but it will make it more useable and less noticeable.

Hope this helps.

And yes I'm sure it's posted somewhere else on the forums so don't bother telling me. Thanks!
    09-20-09 01:46 AM
    In the auto industry, the warranty stays with the vehicle. Hence, a pre-owned unit will have the balance of any factory that remains in effect.
    Mmmmm ... not on all vehicles in all states. You may want to read up on that.
    09-20-09 03:10 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD