I am debating about calling in to try and get the bold, but my only worry is changing my PIN. Is there a way to keep the same PIN as my current phone for the replacement?
    07-21-10 01:08 AM
    no the PIN is specific to one device...
    07-21-10 01:21 AM
    I concur, each device has its' own unique PIN...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 01:40 AM
    If you're concerned with your BBM contacts having to be re-added due to you getting a new PIN number, don't be. BBM automatically updates all of your BBM contacts with your new PIN number, they won't even realize that you changed devices.
    07-21-10 07:51 AM
    If you're concerned with your BBM contacts having to be re-added due to you getting a new PIN number, don't be. BBM automatically updates all of your BBM contacts with your new PIN number, they won't even realize that you changed devices.
    Good to know, thanks!
    07-21-10 09:06 AM
    I guess the thing I'm worried about is all my apps that I've bought and the different pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 11:12 AM
    They transfer over very easily unless you used crApp world. Mobihand/CB App store makes it painless.
    07-21-10 11:17 AM
    If your apps were bought from MobiHand and the CB Store then it's quite easy to change your PIN. Just sign into your account, and at the very top is the option to "change device." It usually takes between a few hours and a day for you to get new activation codes for your apps. Very easy process.

I'm not sure about App World, never bought from them, but they should be just as easy too.

You won't have any problems transferring your apps to a new BB.
    07-21-10 11:20 AM
    If you happen to use Garmin Mobile, their license states the program is licensed for the lifetime of the device. They make an exception for warranty replacements, so if your Bold is a warranty replacement for your Tour, you still wouldn't have a problem. If you just change to a new device, there's no guarantee Garmin would allow you to port your license, but some users have reported that they were allowed to do so.
    07-21-10 12:00 PM
    In your web BIS login, there is a section to "replace" were you give BIS your new device's PIN and everything switches over.

Backup up your old BB beofer it's replaced at least with desktop manager and you will be able to restore to the new one.
    07-21-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD