Hey guys!

I got my Storm back in January and obviously was not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. Went to Verizon to pick up my Tour. I was ready to pay full retail.

The CS dude told me I was not eligible, but he said that an aircard that I had purchased a while back was ready for an upgrade. I told him I didn't use the aircard anymore and he used the aircard upgrade as my phone upgrade!

Needless to say, I dropped the $270, and have the mail in rebate as well. Much better to save a few hundred!
    07-13-09 06:27 AM
    thats awesome dude, congrats, i ordered mine last night at like midnight....im stoked!
    07-13-09 06:29 AM
    Nice. That's customer service!

I can't wait til you guys start getting those phones delivered -- I'm sure there's going to be a lot of raving about how great the phone is.
    07-13-09 06:29 AM
    Mine coming today. For me atleast it can't be worse than the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 06:32 AM
    I think the weirdest part for me is the weight difference. The Tour seems so crazy light compared to the doorstop weight of the Storm. Be excited to get yours guys! Its great!
    07-13-09 06:51 AM
    I think the weirdest part for me is the weight difference. The Tour seems so crazy light compared to the doorstop weight of the Storm. Be excited to get yours guys! Its great!
    theyre almost the same to me
    Last edited by holladay42; 07-13-09 at 07:26 AM.
    07-13-09 07:23 AM
    Hey guys!

I got my Storm back in January and obviously was not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. Went to Verizon to pick up my Tour. I was ready to pay full retail.

The CS dude told me I was not eligible, but he said that an aircard that I had purchased a while back was ready for an upgrade. I told him I didn't use the aircard anymore and he used the aircard upgrade as my phone upgrade!

Needless to say, I dropped the $270, and have the mail in rebate as well. Much better to save a few hundred!
    I am sure you know this but I just wanted to make sure, you do know that you have to have that aircard for another 2 years now right?
    07-13-09 07:32 AM
    do you have to keep aircard for 2 more years?
    07-13-09 09:21 AM
    "upgrade" to me sounds like a replacement -- out with the old and in with the new.

i'd be surprised if she is still stuck with the aircard.
    07-13-09 10:12 AM
    do you have to keep aircard for 2 more years?
    I don't even use the air card. It was a purchase that I had honestly forgotten about and it was the Verizon CS guy that noticed it was on the account. Works for me!
    07-14-09 09:40 AM
    what would be more funny is if they continued to charge you $60/month for 2 years for upgrading on the air card.
    07-14-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD