I called my rep today. He too first thought I was yanking his chain, it being April 1st and all, but after checking he confirmed everything and send me the info I needed and activated everything (promo code 75404 for consumers). As far as i can tell everything works fine...just need to find some more people to use it with
    04-01-10 11:39 PM
    This is not just for the remainder of your contract, it is for however long you have a Tour.....
    04-02-10 12:13 AM
    I don't know about you guys but my blackberry came with PTT and its free with my contract
    04-02-10 02:56 AM
    They added it to my account, no problem for free on the first call to cs.
    04-02-10 06:51 AM
    Does anyone know if the PTT works only for VZW? Can we use it with anyone using the Nextel PTT?
    04-02-10 11:43 AM
    I went and had PTT added to mine and my wifes Tour and did not get it for free. I went to the store and he looked and said that it was $5 a month for each line.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 11:59 AM
    I just called 611 from my tour, purchased yesterday as a alternate to my storm 2.....guess what they added ptt free for life of contract to mine too!!
    04-02-10 01:28 PM
    I am not so sure I like this feature so far. I mean, it is cool and everything but currently if someone else that has PTT enabled and they know my number, they can just add me and barge right in and start yapping over the speaker of my phone. I don't even have to add them. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening?
    04-02-10 01:58 PM
    Does anyone know if the PTT works only for VZW? Can we use it with anyone using the Nextel PTT?
    Please read post #93 where this was answered.
    04-02-10 04:53 PM
    I called and was very nice with the rep and said that I had recently downloaded the Version 5 software the other day and had two issues. 1) I was having two problems with my phone since, the click issue and streaming apps were not working correctly and buffering all the time. 2) I was aware that there was a free Push to Talk plan and would like to have it added. The rep said yes there was and added it and here is proof.

Last edited by Ruger141; 04-14-10 at 06:58 PM.
    04-14-10 06:37 PM
    I just need to convince my buddy from work to swap his older Blackberry with his girlfirends new Tour so I can have someone to try the PTT with.

BTW there are no youtube videos of the Tour with PTT on it yet so someone who has it working and someone to call should post one.

Oh one more thing, the Verizon rep also mentioned that with the new V5 that Skype is now available fore free on the phone if you have an account on a PC already. I may have to check this out since my brothers have it and are thousands of miles away.
    Last edited by Ruger141; 04-14-10 at 08:19 PM.
    04-14-10 08:17 PM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD