Why doesnt this phone have Wi-Fi??
    Really Verizon, why???the tours brother the GSM Blackberry onyx is supposed to have GPS AND WI-Fi.
    Really Verizon there is no excuse. Wtf?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:40 AM
    Why do you really need the wifi? Is the Verizon 3g speed really that slow to you? I have used my Verizon BB vs other people on WiFi and let me tell you, they dont beat me in browsing the web.

So really, why do you need the wifi?

Not to sound cold, but if you really dont like verizon, why dont ya just cancel it and go elsewhere
    05-11-09 06:45 AM
    I would really like to know the answers to the wifi and cancellation questions as well. As far as the GPS goes, thats all economics. Find me a Storm owner running VZNav and I will show you someone who doesn't have a CB login.
    05-11-09 07:03 AM
    I would really like to know the answers to the wifi and cancellation questions as well. As far as the GPS goes, thats all economics. Find me a Storm owner running VZNav and I will show you someone who doesn't have a CB login.
    I like your VZNav remark...

My question is this: Is anyone really surprised it doesn't have WiFi? None. Zero. Nada...of the CDMA carriers' BlackBerries have WiFi.

I've heard all manner of reasons, but I think it boils down to three issues: battery performance, security for the BES environment and no carrier maintained hot-spots.

Thoughts?
    05-11-09 07:18 AM
    I've heard all manner of reasons, but I think it boils down to three issues: battery performance, security for the BES environment and no carrier maintained hot-spots.

Thoughts?
    I'm inclined to agree.
    05-11-09 07:27 AM
    Why do you really need the wifi? Is the Verizon 3g speed really that slow to you? I have used my Verizon BB vs other people on WiFi and let me tell you, they dont beat me in browsing the web.

Lets repeat it together for the 15th time! TRAVEL/RESORT/AIRLINE SET UP of WIFI!!! RIMs MOBILE TV!!! DEAD ZONES, BASEMENT SET UPS! BUSINESS LOCATIONS WITH WEAK PENETRATION!

Do we need to repeat this all over again? lol Forgive me if this is the first time you've heard this... I just hate the "why do you need wifi arguments"
    05-11-09 07:36 AM
    I like your VZNav remark...

My question is this: Is anyone really surprised it doesn't have WiFi? None. Zero. Nada...of the CDMA carriers' BlackBerries have WiFi.

Thoughts?
    lets go one by one here:

Battery performance - can be shut off at will

Security - Is Verizon the only carrier to care about security? What about security on Winmob devices?

carrier hotspots - Again, not an issue with winmob devices and other carriers as well
    05-11-09 07:43 AM
    Lets repeat it together for the 15th time! TRAVEL/RESORT/AIRLINE SET UP of WIFI!!! RIMs MOBILE TV!!! DEAD ZONES, BASEMENT SET UPS! BUSINESS LOCATIONS WITH WEAK PENETRATION!

Do we need to repeat this all over again? lol Forgive me if this is the first time you've heard this... I just hate the "why do you need wifi arguments"
    You say it 26 times a day! Nobody is hearing this for the "first time" from you.
    05-11-09 07:45 AM

Not to sound cold, but if you really dont like verizon, why dont ya just cancel it and go elsewhere
    U sure bout that? 3G gets UP TO 7.2Mbps whereas my wi-fi connection is currently @ 22Mpbps..... That's a heck of a lot faster, is it not.... If it ain't got wi-fi then it MUST be for VZW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 07:48 AM

So other than dead zones you don't really NEED wifi? Even if you spend a lot of time in dead zones you don't need it because you are probably going to have a different carrier. No one needs wifi they just want itand I don't have a problem with that. There are a lot of things I want but I dont go around complaining about them.
    05-11-09 07:49 AM
    You say it 26 times a day! Nobody is hearing this for the "first time" from you.
    so then the next question then becomes... why do people continue to ask why wifi is needed if the answer is already known...
    05-11-09 07:49 AM
    perhaps you should listen...the people that need wi fi are small in number (at this stage) compared to the big picture. that is just common sense.

at some point, when every public place has free wi fi, that will be different.

and as for vznav... i use it. and i log in here all the time you know, it does do more than just map directions.
    05-11-09 07:50 AM
    perhaps you should listen...the people that need wi fi are small in number (at this stage) compared to the big picture. that is just common sense.

and as for vznav... i use it. and i log in here all the time you know, it does do more than just map directions.
    Try Poynt and Google Maps as a combination and send me $4.99 a month. YAY I just saved you $5.00 a month!
    05-11-09 07:54 AM

I doubt that. Every review, whether its professional or layman will express excitment over wifi. The bold is hailed such a great device because of the inclusion of all 3 (wifi, 3g, GPS).

Wifi inclusion is on the forfront of every device rating and there's a lot more people ranting or at the very least expressing their displeasure to the exclusion of it.

I think the problem is that despite most people truly desiring wif, when a BB comes out without it, people are still buying them up regardless since there's nothing else offered. This gives companies zero initiative to put them in these devices.

personally, I think the excusion of wifi is a simple one; to market world data plans for the professional user... who just so happens to be the blackberry user
    05-11-09 07:57 AM
    I doubt that. Every review, whether its professional or layman will express excitment over wifi. The bold is hailed such a great device because of the inclusion of all 3 (wifi, 3g, GPS).

Wifi inclusion is on the forfront of every device rating and there's a lot more people ranting or at the very least expressing their displeasure to the exclusion of it.

I think the problem is that despite most people truly desiring wif, when a BB comes out without it, people are still buying them up regardless since there's nothing else offered. This gives companies zero initiative to put them in these devices.

personally, I think the excusion of wifi is a simple one; to market world data plans for the professional user... who just so happens to be the blackberry user
    BBBBBBBUUUUUUZZZZZZZ, wrong answer. You say every professional and layman would love it and then you narrow it down to the smallest group by wanting to market it to the world traveling data user.
    05-11-09 08:01 AM
    and that's wrong because?
    05-11-09 08:08 AM
    Its a money and control thing...VZW makes you pay for everyting.
    05-11-09 08:10 AM
    bunch of flippin complainers!
    05-11-09 08:11 AM
    Its a money and control thing...VZW makes you pay for everyting.
    that's the only logical reasoning. Every other reason has been debunked!
    05-11-09 08:11 AM

When people make a point, or ask why there is no wifi, it would probably be best if you just don't comment, if all you plan to say is, "why do you need wifi". That doesn't answer or address the question or issue. It doesn't even matter "why". People want wifi, and that is obvious. The fact is, CDMA Blackberries don't have it, and customers who want wifi, and see GSM blackberries with wifi will be irritated by that.
    05-11-09 08:17 AM
    do any cdma blackberries have wifi? i don't recall sprint having a blackberry with wifi (correct me if i'm wrong) or alltel or metropcs. so if this is true, then it's not just vzw and people just like to complain about vzw.
    05-11-09 08:17 AM
    When people make a point, or ask why there is no wifi, it would probably be best if you just don't comment, if all you plan to say is, "why do you need wifi". That doesn't answer or address the question or issue. It doesn't even matter "why". People want wifi, and that is obvious. The fact is, CDMA Blackberries don't have it, and customers who want wifi, and see GSM blackberries with wifi will be irritated by that.
    well said Brian!

oh shush Amber!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-11-09 at 08:24 AM.
    05-11-09 08:21 AM
    For the life of me, I don't understand some people. "bunch of flippin complainers". This is what is said because some customers want certain features that they know are available on other devices. When said customers ask about these features and voice their opinion about the lack of these features, and obviously want to know why there is this lack of certain features, some people on this board, choose to criticize them, or ask why they want these features, or tell them that don't need these features. Lol, this is so ridiculous. If you cannot really answer a question, why do you even post a response that doesn't actually address the issue?
    05-11-09 08:29 AM
    Try Poynt and Google Maps as a combination and send me $4.99 a month. YAY I just saved you $5.00 a month!
    tried them both. so you failed. i still use poynt sometimes, but it's data base is very unreliable...it's hit or misss depending on where you are, city wise.

neither of them compare to vznav, garmin (or tomtom for that matter). apparently you have not tried any of these, or you don't travel very much.

and again, as far was wi fi goes, you can't judge the hype or excitement over wi fi from what you read here...crackberry and other forums are the minority. i know lots of people who have blackberries that have never been to crackberry, have zero apps on their phone and would not have any use for wi fi.

the majority of tour buyers will use their phone for calls and e-mail.

that said, i would love to have wi fi too, but would rarely use it except for in my home.
    05-11-09 08:31 AM
    try amazegps for free voice turn by turn directions

tried them both. so you failed. i still use poynt sometimes, but it's data base is very unreliable...it's hit or misss depending on where you are, city wise.

neither of them compare to vznav, garmin (or tomtom for that matter). apparently you have not tried any of these, or you don't travel very much.

and again, as far was wi fi goes, you can't judge the hype or excitement over wi fi from what you read here...crackberry and other forums are the minority. i know lots of people who have blackberries that have never been to crackberry, have zero apps on their phone and would not have any use for wi fi.

the majority of tour buyers will use their phone for calls and e-mail.

that said, i would love to have wi fi too, but would rarely use it except for in my home.
    05-11-09 08:34 AM
498 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD