...The thing that's crazy to me is them charging for the replacement in advance. ....
    ...Called customer service and they are sending me a replacement. The catch is that I am being charged for it and they will refund my money when they get the one I have back....
    That is news to me... especially from Verizon.

I know Sprint does this, at least to the business customers at my job (charge the customer FULL price for the device they are sending, then credit the price when the defective is returned)... But Verizon has always been... warranty replacement is sent out, free of charge, and only if the customer doesn't return the defective unit (within 10 days) are they billed the cost of the device in full.
    10-03-09 08:49 AM
    I just went Thursday to the store. They verified my track ball was bad, didn't have any tours in stock so sent one next day air. They gave me a receipt but it was zero dollars. The new track ball is so much better.
    10-03-09 09:38 AM
    In august, I went to the vz store and the tech upped my track ball to 90, made it sound like I should have had it on there all along, like all BB user do. Since it was my 1st BB I believed him. I told him about all the problems everyone was having at these forums, he never heard of this place btw, yeah right. So he offered a curve instead. Um, a new device for a 2 year old one? No thanks. I went back a little bit later, new guy, set me up to get new phone right away. Overall, I like going to the store to talk to someone in person anyways, so I don't mind the new policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 10:27 AM
    I'm surprised by all the problems. I called about my trackball issue and told them I wanted a New phone. I explained that I have had the phone approx 50 days and it was unacceptable to get a refurb. The girl asked me to hold. She got back on the phone and told me a New in the retail box would be shipped. 2 days later it arrived just like she said. New in the retail box accessories and all. Maybe I just got lucky. The bonus was it was a green dot. Yeah! Oh, and this was VZW..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 04:51 PM
    BTW...I took a deep breath and a good night's rest and went to search the warranty on the website and realized I should have called the Device Exchange Program # and not Customer Service.

So I called THAT number and got a very helpful rep to send me out a replacement phone today.

Go that route instead of Customer Service, and hopefully you get a good rep like I did. Smooth as silk.
    robbadobba is 100% right, mine had trackball issues so i called customer service and they took me through troubleshooting, which didnt work, he then told me I would HAVE to take it to tech, so i went to the verizon store and told the tech what happened-he never even touched my phone-he just handed me a pamphlet with the device exchange program number on it
    10-03-09 05:12 PM
    That may be just for a trackball issue. Earlier this week someone's phone that I work on got a 523 App Error, called up, they sent out a new one.
    10-03-09 05:19 PM
    I was "that guy" at my local sprint store. In the span of 2 mos I went from my pearl to a tour to a second tour to a 3rd tour back to my pearl, to a pre, to a second pre, and finally back to the tour. The last time I was at the sprint store, when I was talking to the manager, who over the times I'd been there I'd gotten to know, she told me that the return rate for the tours was higher than any other phone ever at sprint. Her store alone had a return rate of 68%. She said they were getting yelled at my corporate and had already had their bonuses revoked because they were returning to many of them. I think that's why a lot of the stores are starting to be pains on returning defective phones.
    10-03-09 06:20 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD