Guys & Ladies,

I have a quick question for someone who can answer this for me when I first signed up with Verizon at a local corporate store they told me when I reached my 5th month of paying my bill on time with no hassles I would be able to add a phone, accessories & etc to my bill account with out paying for it upfront? Is this true? Reason why I am asking is because I have the Blackberry Storm this is my 6th one already and it still gives me alot of problems.

Thanks for your time.

- Jamie (UniqueLife)
    07-03-09 03:29 AM
    I've never heard of such a policy.

You will be better off trying to get a Tour based on the fact that you are on your 6th Storm in 6 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 03:42 AM
    I know they have a policy like that if you are on a family plan and want to break off on your own account. About 10 years ago you could charge no prob. Then a couple of years ago they stopped it and now you can do it again under certain stipulations. Who knows what crazy Verizon will think of next....
    07-03-09 03:44 AM
    When I talk to different people in the phone sales department for Verizon they tell me I can add items to my account but I would have to be in my 5 months which I already am.

I know on Nextel you can add phones, accessories and etc to your account with no problem or unless you have the money right then and now.

I'm gonna call them when they open up and see what they have to offer and maybe I get myself a new Blackberry 9630? They should listen to the customer first before they say no
    07-03-09 03:48 AM
    If they have documented all the problems you have had with your Storm on your account, then I would say you can make a pretty good case for exchanging your Storm for a Tour.

If you don't get a satisfactory answer the first time, call back and ask for a manager.

07-03-09 03:53 AM
    Someone that has had lots of Storms like me. I am now on my 5th (First one stopped charging, second one, my son thought it was a chew toy slobbered so bad that it went into the battery compartment and shorted it out even with rubber case, third was sent by Verizon and screen was loose and rattling when tilted, forth Surepress did not work in lower left corner (could not press the 7,8,0 keys) and now my phone looses application memory (12MB left after battery pull) to 0 left in less then an hour. Phone locks up with tiny clock in center always busy and can't do anything till it goes away which is about 1-2 min. All my apps are from App World and nothing is running in background. I am tired of the Storm and will try getting the Tour with enough ********.
    07-03-09 04:03 AM
    I have a very detailed and well documented on my account notes I'm just tired of dealing with a phone that doesn't work half of the time I even try to use it. Ever since the secound week I had my first storm it kept freezing and rebooting itself to where it wouldn't turn and so on with the others. Now with my 6th one it freezes, reboots, time clock shows for an hour and etc. Hopefully I can speak with someone in the sales department who will actually listen and not want off the phone or just connect me over to some other department because they don't wanna do their job to make the customer happy.

I am sure I'll be happy when I call in and hopefully what the store told is true and the rest of the Verizon employees have said also. I'll post back what I find out

- Jamie (UniqueLife)
    07-03-09 04:10 AM
    I swear! When you talk to someone from Verizon on the phone they act like they don't care they have something better to do? I tried talking to the guy who answer about me getting the Blackberry Tour 9630 smartphone and putting it on my account he told I wasn't allowed to or I will never be able to? I was like what's that suppose to be? He was like uh oh? Then 'click'

I'm calling back right now to see if I can find someone who will actually listen to me
    07-03-09 09:12 AM
    I swear! When you talk to someone from Verizon on the phone they act like they don't care they have something better to do? I tried talking to the guy who answer about me getting the Blackberry Tour 9630 smartphone and putting it on my account he told I wasn't allowed to or I will never be able to? I was like what's that suppose to be? He was like uh oh? Then 'click'

I'm calling back right now to see if I can find someone who will actually listen to me
    i feel your pain. a few days ago i called in and got someone that had a huge attitude right from the start. she basically started yelling and she claims its because i wasnt understanding her. all i was trying to do was explain all my issues up front and go from there. she would keep trying to cut me off. it was extremely frustrating. i just hung up and called back to get a diff rep
    07-03-09 09:29 AM
    I hope everyone keeps in mind that since the Tour is coming to Verizon, there are a huge amount of people that will be trying to get it for free by complaining about their current phones. There is a difference between trying to swag VZW out a free phone, and having real issues. Keep in mind that RIM made the Storm, not Verizon and perhaps communication with RIM would result in a more satisfactory response.
    07-03-09 09:38 AM
    I always charge my phones and accessories to my phone bil. No problem
    07-03-09 09:42 AM
    I hope everyone keeps in mind that since the Tour is coming to Verizon, there are a huge amount of people that will be trying to get it for free by complaining about their current phones. There is a difference between trying to swag VZW out a free phone, and having real issues. Keep in mind that RIM made the Storm, not Verizon and perhaps communication with RIM would result in a more satisfactory response.
    while i understand that RIM made the Storm, VZW is the middle man here. its easier to talk to them when theres issues than trying to contact RIM. plus VZW made the decision to bring the Storm to their carrier. so in essence they accepted the issues that it brought.

i've learned my lesson about being the first to get the newest and greatest. i want the tour. but i am waiting until i hear reviews from actual users and see if there are troubles (extreme overheating, excessive freezing, faulty parts, etc.). once it has a clear bill of health in my eyes i will work on getting one.
    07-03-09 09:45 AM
    I always charge my phones and accessories to my phone bil. No problem
    How would I go about doing this? Is it possible to pre-order the Tour and stick it on my bill?
    07-03-09 09:51 AM
    Yeah, thats the route I took. I did call VZW about it as they are my service provider but I completely blame RIM for this horrible device. After swapping out my Storm a couple times I've learned VZW changed my original contract date and that sorta pissed me off. In a way, I do feel as if I deserve a "free" device as the one I originally paid for, doesnt work... and it cost the same as the Tour. But I also understand their point as a business. They gotta make some $ even though their money really comes from plans and features. I don't really see RIM being able to much in many of our cases as we do business w/ VZW not RIM technically.
    07-03-09 09:51 AM
    How would I go about doing this? Is it possible to pre-order the Tour and stick it on my bill?
    God, I wish. I'd so just buy the damn thing at retail for the sake of not touching my contract anymore.
    07-03-09 10:02 AM
    i just pre-ordered my tour...i am assuming i have to wait until the 12th when it is shipped or will it be shipped earlier?
    07-03-09 10:06 AM
    I charge things to my account all the time. However, you can't have a past due balance.

07-03-09 10:10 AM

Good new for me. I went with a friend to the Verizon store that I always deal with and while there I told the sales rep about my issues with the Storm, he looked at my account, told me to wait a few minutes while he went back and checked on something, came back and said that I will be able to upgrade to the Tour at the $199 price, continue my same contract, and keep my Storm. I am ecstatic. Now just need to come up with $200 for it. He also noted my account that because of the issues that I have had I will be able to deal with any Verizon rep. Woo Hoo!!!
    07-03-09 02:32 PM
    Good News! I spoke with a lady from Verizon on the phone she actually wanted to listen and learned about all the problems with the 6 storm's that I have and she read over the notes previous representives and technicians have stated in the account and she told me they didn't even talk to the manager/supervisor about whats going on with the phones? I was like no they acted like they had better things to do...She said there is no reason why someone could take they're time away and help you your the paying customer not us.

So basically for like 10 mins on hold she spoke with her supervisor she came back on the phone with good news she said her supervisor will personally order me the Blackberry Tour 9630 Smartphone at no cost to me and free over night shipping cause of all the problems and dealings I had to go through on the phone and at the stores
    07-03-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD