Hello!

This is my first post on Crackberry, but have been a follower for the past 6 months. I received my Tour yesterday afternoon and, I must say, it is fantastic! My question is concerning the Blackberry Internet Service to receive my work emails. We do not use a BES.

Before the Tour I had the Curve and could receive both, my Gmail and Work emails through the BIS. My work emails were a little slower to receive, but I still got them. Since the switch to the Tour, I still receive my Gmail Account emails but not my work emails. I feel like I have done everything the same to set it up, but thought maybe someone with more experience could help. On the BIS I have put in my email, username, password, and server domain in the advanced settings. I have also changed my PIN and ESN, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to what the problem may be? Thanks a million for the help (and all of the help/tips/information for the past 6 months!).

Chad
    07-15-09 02:27 PM
    Try resending the service books. When did you set it up? Do you see the folder but not getting emails? OWA?
    07-15-09 02:38 PM
    Agreed. My guess is resend service books from VZW BIS site
    07-15-09 02:39 PM
    Yes, I have sent the service books and I do get those, but I do not recieve any emails. It's really weird. I set it up last night and again today, both on my phone and on the computer. Yes, the folder shows up, but doesn't receive anything. Not sure what OWA means. Sorry.
    07-15-09 02:40 PM
    Yes, I have sent the service books and I do get those, but I do not recieve any emails. It's really weird. I set it up last night and again today, both on my phone and on the computer. Yes, the folder shows up, but doesn't receive anything. Not sure what OWA means. Sorry.
    Did you try completely deleting the email accounts from your new phone and re activating the accounts through email setup?
    07-15-09 02:49 PM
    No, I have not tried that Hero. I will do that right now. Thanks.
    07-15-09 02:57 PM
    Hero - I just deleted both email accounts from my phone and signed in to the Verizon BIS. Only put in my work email address and password and received the folder to my phone along with the successful set up message. I'll wait a little while and see if my emails start popping up. Keep your fingers crossed!
    07-15-09 03:08 PM
    Well what probably happened was this. When you have a bb then get a new one there is absolutely NO NEED to recreate emails addresses on the bis all you need to do is login to the bis switch devces and send service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 03:46 PM
    Everyone - Thanks for the help. I just received my first work email on my strikingly handsome Tour!
    07-15-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD