The Tour will presumable be replacing the 8830, correct?

When does the Buy one/get one Blackberry promo end? Pearl Flip was announced like 2 weeks before the release date, assuming same for the Tour, if the 7.13 date is correct we should know by the end of the month...

8830 out of stock- rumors Tour's in testers hands- I'm predicting an announcment when the buy one/get one promo ends.

It still kinda bugs me we haven't seen big red branded shots leaked yet...

Enter your location
    06-12-09 07:00 AM

When does the Buy one/get one Blackberry promo end? Pearl Flip was announced like 2 weeks before the release date, assuming same for the Tour, if the 7.13 date is correct we should know by the end of the month...

8830 out of stock- rumors Tour's in testers hands- I'm predicting an announcment when the buy one/get one promo ends.

It still kinda bugs me we haven't seen big red branded shots leaked yet...

Enter your location
    Come on, you're tight with Lowell now, call him back up!
    06-12-09 07:43 AM
    locally the 8130 is out of stock, but the 8830 is still available...
    06-12-09 08:13 AM
    The buy one get one is over 6/27

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 08:18 AM

Enter your location
    Are the 8830's Out Of Stock in your area? Here in Staten Island/NY the Verizon store in Staten Island Mall seem to be selling them nonstop. Haven't heard if any NYC stores are sold out yet.

Anxiously waiting for July 13th rollout so I can purchase my 1st Blackberry. My job furnished me with an 8830 and I love it and now that I heard about the "Tour", I'm jonesing for it something fierce.
    06-12-09 09:59 AM
    I spoke with a VZW rep a few days ago and they told me they normally get a notice 2 weeks in advance if they are planning on phasing out a particular handset. The rep informed me they had not received any info on the 8830 being phased out. Maybe just an inventory problem in a few certain locations? Or maybe they are preparing to bring in the Tour...
    06-12-09 10:06 AM
    I was using a 8830, then switched to the Storm. Fired up the 8830 again just to wipe it and freshen up the charge, and man, do I miss the speed and responsiveness...hence leaving the Storm and over to the Tour.

Storm was good for a while, then after heavy use, just didn't cut it. It really irritates me when the technology I use hinders me, the Storm in this case. I'm tired of touching/clicking on the screen and not 100% sure I activated it, so I pause...and tired of cleaning up the smudges, I can go on...

The Tour will be very similar to the trusty 8830 and I'm so looking forward to it. I'm even considering going back to the 8830 and eBay'n the Storm before it's value drops with the Tour and Storm 2 on the market.

BTW, I hope that VZW offers a non-cam version of the Tour (wishful thinking) for those who operate in a classified/sensitive environment, where I see lots of 8830's.
    06-12-09 10:08 AM
    BTW, I hope that VZW offers a non-cam version of the Tour (wishful thinking) for those who operate in a classified/sensitive environment, where I see lots of 8830's.
    Don't worry, they will offer a no-camera version.
    06-12-09 10:27 AM
    Don't worry, they will offer a no-camera version.
    Man that would make my day. Do you know this as a high probability fact or just speculation?

I would definitely wait for the no-cam version.
    06-12-09 10:39 AM
    if you dont mind me asking. . . whats so cool about a "non cam version" ?
    06-12-09 11:30 AM
    Some corporate comanies ban camera phones, especially in datacenters or where there is proprietary information. It's a security issue...
    06-12-09 11:38 AM
    Cool, nothing;however, depending upon where you work or travel, a camera phone can cause issues with security.
    06-12-09 11:39 AM
    i see now!
    06-12-09 11:42 AM
    I was using a 8830, then switched to the Storm. Fired up the 8830 again just to wipe it and freshen up the charge, and man, do I miss the speed and responsiveness...hence leaving the Storm and over to the Tour.
    Man I cannot agree more! I did the same thing with my 8830WE a few months back. It made me almost want to switch it back from my Storm, but I could not go there!
    06-12-09 12:01 PM
    Out of the Curve, Storm and 8830 I have. Im back on the 8830. The key styles, the shape of the phone. Just everything in itself made me go back to it. The Storm is nice, but will sit with my other BBs in my collection

Honestly, if the 8830 had a camera, that phone would OWN the Curve and STORM lol

Anyone know when the 8830 came out? Ever have to worry about it being obselete?
    06-12-09 12:12 PM
    Man that would make my day. Do you know this as a high probability fact or just speculation?

I would definitely wait for the no-cam version.
    From the people that know here on Crackberry there will definitely be a cameraless Tour coming out. If I was not at work I would have searched and threw a couple links for you.
    06-12-09 12:17 PM
    Just because its out of stock doesn't mean that its about to be replaced.

06-12-09 01:22 PM
    True, but it is about to be replaced.

06-12-09 05:29 PM
    No one seems to mention Sprint on this forum. Do you think Sprint will get it the same time as VZW? If it's an 8830 replacement, I'm guessing yes? I need the non-camera version and I'm up for my upgrade already, should I wait? I've also heard people say you can exchange after 30 days, is that true? So, I could get an 8830 July 1, and if the tour comes out July 30, I can exchange? THis will be my first BB, so any advice is greatly appreciated.
    06-12-09 05:37 PM
    front page of crackberry the weblink for verizons tour page now redirects to the verizon store..

doing things like that are towards preparation of releasing it..
    06-12-09 07:54 PM
    No one seems to mention Sprint on this forum. Do you think Sprint will get it the same time as VZW? If it's an 8830 replacement, I'm guessing yes? I need the non-camera version and I'm up for my upgrade already, should I wait? I've also heard people say you can exchange after 30 days, is that true? So, I could get an 8830 July 1, and if the tour comes out July 30, I can exchange? THis will be my first BB, so any advice is greatly appreciated.
    This is the second time you've posted this exact wording in 2 separate threads. If you just scrolled down on the list of topics you would have seen this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/96...t-june-233899/

Unfortunately Sprint release info for this device is much less developed than VZW's, which is why people aren't talking about it much.
    06-12-09 08:03 PM
    Thanks for the info! I can't wait to replace my Curve with the Tour... All that app memory makes me want to drool...

PS - Joey, you might want to get rid of one of those lines in your signature before a moderator sees it... Apparently you are only allowed one link in your sig and over that is against the TOS... I got mod'd last week and just wanted to save you some hassle...
    Thank you! I appreciate it.
    06-12-09 10:44 PM
    Out of the Curve, Storm and 8830 I have. Im back on the 8830. The key styles, the shape of the phone. Just everything in itself made me go back to it. The Storm is nice, but will sit with my other BBs in my collection

Honestly, if the 8830 had a camera, that phone would OWN the Curve and STORM lol

Anyone know when the 8830 came out? Ever have to worry about it being obselete?
    Depends on your definition of obsolete. I still use my Commodore 64. I can still buy software for it. People have modied them for internet use. It works, but it's not the best.

The 8830 will continue to work, it won't be shut off. The OSes might start slowing in release. Don't know if you'll ever see 5.0 on it, due to RAM would be my thought. It is a workhorse and people love 'em. Some people still swear by their trackwheel Berries. IIRC the 87xxs just got OS 4.5. So RIM doesn't forget their devices easily, but sooner or later it will be a good idea to upgrade.
    06-13-09 01:15 AM
    From the people that know here on Crackberry there will definitely be a cameraless Tour coming out. If I was not at work I would have searched and threw a couple links for you.
    I know for a fact that there is a camera-less tour coming out.
    06-13-09 01:36 PM
    I believe the 8830WE came out in May 2007. That is when I got mine, and my memory says it was the first week they were out.
    06-17-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD