So I was excited to upgrade to 5.0 because I read that it would eliminate that incredibly annoying memory indexing error. But after trying .591, .643, and .662 the bluetooth volume is so low that today I finally gave up and downgraded to 4.7.61. I also tried replaced the bluetooth .COD file with other ones, but nothing, still couldn;t hear the people on the other line. Why can't they just release an OS that works, it always fixes one thing, but makes other aspects of the phone suck. It always "oh my .... works now, but now this doesn't. And for me with a motormouth GF that loves to talk, my bluetooth is critical so I can at least have my hands free and be productive as she gives me a minute-by-minute breakdown of her day. Oh and speak of the devil she just called and now I can hear again...

So I guess the point of all this is to vent my frustrations, it sure doesn't make me feel like I have a "smart" phone. Also, if anyone has any thoughts on upgrades or hybrids (I have not yet tried a hybrid, mainly due to lack of time to learn about them) that work and the bluetooth volume does NOT suck.
    05-07-10 11:08 PM
    Unfortunately RIM doesn't take quality control that seriously evidently. All their phones, as similar as they are, have different issues with hardware and software. Although I could never go back to 4.7, my Bluetooth volume is low too on .643 but not intolerable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD