So I got an email from verizon saying I could use v cast videos, great way to waste some time through out the day. Since getting the phone I haven't been able to find it...I didn't think you could..any thoughts?
    11-02-09 03:48 PM
    It may be in the Applications folder, but that may just be the link to install it.
    11-02-09 03:55 PM
    I looked and I see the tones ones and stuff but not video..I don't think the tour supports it?
    11-02-09 04:00 PM
    I was shocked after I purchased my Tour to learn that BlackBerry phones are not on the list of supported phones which are listed on VZW website and in their "guide book". I purchased the Tour with the belief it was able to use the V Cast video, was told that it was part of my package with unlimited data......... Long story short, we don't get those yet. Hopefully with the new Adobe Flash which hopefully is going to launch soon for the BlackBerry phones we will have that capability. There are several live TV broadcast companies which we can get, not through VZW but they do work on our phones. Hope this clears things up.
    11-02-09 04:35 PM
    Is vcast included in the data plan? Or is that something extra you gotta pay for? Cause it is in my Application Center list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:40 PM
    All the V Cast on my Tour are things I have to pay to use, which are:

VZW Tones
    V Cast Music/Rhapsody
    V Cast Song ID

Those are not included in my unlimited data plan, they are charge items when I click on them and open up; I deleted them but their ghost lives forever on my phone
    11-02-09 04:55 PM
    Hey, can you specify which tv broadcasts you were referring about?

thanks
    Jay
    11-02-09 07:02 PM
    I would like to know as well. I enjoyed watching episodes on v cast videos lol
    11-02-09 11:01 PM
    So I got an email from verizon saying I could use v cast videos, great way to waste some time through out the day. Since getting the phone I haven't been able to find it...I didn't think you could..any thoughts?
    No there is no V Cast Video service for the Tour . . . yet. I am anticipating that there will be when they get around to releasing the 5.0 OS for the Tour, assuming it follows in the same trend as the Storm 5.0 update and the Storm 2 which came preloaded with 5.0.
    11-02-09 11:21 PM
    TV offered by Hang 10 Technologies presents VuiVision - Hang10Tech.com and the other that I know of is SPB TV which is available at SPB TV � BlackBerry Software � SPB Software
    I have only spent very small periods of time on each of these sites, it appears that they are both getting going, but I did like spb tv the best. I have not had any problem with lag times, etc while watching, they only offer local tv at this time best I remember. SPB TV does have 100 subscription free TV channels for $9.95 a month, good luck and let us know what works best for you.
    11-03-09 02:51 AM
    Guys! VCast Video, even with the release of OS 5.0, is STILL NOT available. I hate the world! I'm trying to get it for the World Cup since all the other BB phones VZ carries are compatible with VCast video. WTF!? First, the YouTube application gives us the finger, now VCast Video?!
    On a separate note in which I will not be ranting- Anyone know of any cool streaming websites/applications/etc. that WILL be streaming the world cup? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Thanks in advance.
    05-26-10 11:45 AM
    Guys! VCast Video, even with the release of OS 5.0, is STILL NOT available. I hate the world! I'm trying to get it for the World Cup since all the other BB phones VZ carries are compatible with VCast video. WTF!? First, the YouTube application gives us the finger, now VCast Video?!
    On a separate note in which I will not be ranting- Anyone know of any cool streaming websites/applications/etc. that WILL be streaming the world cup? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Thanks in advance.

Just to update this topic, I had VCAST Videos pushed to my Tour this morning around 7:30 or so.

I didn't download it and I dont know if you have to pay for it or anything but it is definitely out there for any tour owners that want to download it
    06-11-10 10:14 AM
    There is an addtional charge for VCast Video. It is $10/month or $3/day. Not worth it to me. VZW can pound sand before I'll pay that. Ha Ha

06-11-10 02:40 PM
    I have a great place for the V Cast Video link that was pushed to me today...I have a folder labeled Garbage.

06-11-10 04:14 PM
    Stop sending crap to my phone verizon. I had v-cast pack on my enV and never used it other than the data for wap use. The videos sucked and seemed to optimized for the smallest screen possible.

06-11-10 04:16 PM
    One would think when you are paying for unlimited data that they wouldn't try to nickel and dime you like that, but that's a sign of the times, everything's going to be ala carte.

06-12-10 05:32 AM
    One would think when you are paying for unlimited data that they wouldn't try to nickel and dime you like that, but that's a sign of the times, everything's going to be ala carte.

it's EXACTLY what I expect from Verizon
    06-12-10 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD