Im currently using Phone and SMS notification ringtone from my SD Card. I also have berrybuzz and use normal profile. The problem is that when my phone rings or I get SMS, the music starts and if I don't pick up or hit end or volume key, the music will keep playing and playing and playing until I react to it.

What can I do to stop playing entire song? Is there a way to set it so it'll stop after 30-45 sec? I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you.
    10-13-09 02:06 PM
    Just make a ring that only lasts that long.
    10-13-09 02:16 PM
    I use Audacity to make ringtones from songs. It's free and pretty easy to learn.
    10-13-09 02:57 PM
    Just make a ring that only lasts that long.
    But i don't know how....
    10-13-09 03:02 PM
    I use Audacity to make ringtones from songs. It's free and pretty easy to learn.
    ok, great. Thank you.
    10-13-09 03:04 PM
    Audacity and the Lame mp3 encoder from here Audacity: Download
    Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder? are, as Troggie said, your best bet.

I do the following:

1). Never put active ringtones on the microSD card as if the phone needs the ringtone whilst the card is unavalable the phone will rever to the theme default ringtone.

2). Limit all ringtones to less than 1Mb

3). Set all mp3 ringtones to 96Kbps which is quite good enough quality for a ringtone. You also get more of the songe.

4). If you can cut the ringtone (in Audacity) so that it loops at a convenient point, you can get a much more pleasing effect.

5). use only a few non-standard ringtones so as to load up Device Memory as little as possible.
    10-13-09 03:05 PM
    Use:
    Audiko - create your own free mobile and iPhone ringtones

It is very easy and has most ringtones you would want, just download the mp3 and drag it into the ringtones folder

Now that I think about it, I should have told CB about this earlier... it takes all the effort out of making an mp3
    10-13-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD