I had my phone setup with BIS for the past few months and just activated it with a BES server this morning. I'd like to have my default calendar (when creating new items) on the phone be my personal email account calendar. However, it is set as the Desktop calendar (the BES calendar). I went into the Default Services option, and the proper calendar was set by default there, yet, when creating new items the Desktop calendar is still selected by default.

How can I fix this?
    12-03-09 12:31 PM
    Interesting. I'm on a BES too, but with 5 BIS accounts also. I set my default CICAL to the BIS addy I wanted to use and it worked fine.

What might help you is a nifty little trick. Once you've set and saved the new default CICAL you want to use in Default Services, go to your calendar app. BB Button-> Options / tilt to landscape -> Show Keyboard, type "MOVE" without the quotes. You'll be asked if you want to move all of your events to the default cal (which should be the CICAL you set in Default Services), select "yes", and all event will be moved to that cal. This also comes in handy if you upgrade your OS or put on a hybrid or leak, and need to be reset by your BES Admin. Just set the right CICAL, do the MOVE trick, and you should be good to go. I hope that helps you.
    12-03-09 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the help. The problem seems to have fixed itself.
    12-03-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD