So it appears that the User Guide for the 9630 is already out. However, the guide indicates version 4.7.1, and I thought that the Tour would be coming out with version 5.0. So will the version be 4.7.1 or 5.0 or some other version?
    05-25-09 02:24 PM
    Who knows? Well, actually, some people on this forum know

The user guide is a waste of a download. It is just basically the same thing as any other Blackberry user guide. No pictures I can't weeeed
    05-25-09 02:32 PM
    Verizon will probably cripple the **** out of it anyways.
    05-25-09 02:58 PM
    What do you mean?
    05-25-09 07:01 PM
    Last I heard it was going to ship with 4.7.1 which would make sense because I don't think anyone has fully impemented a BES 5.0 server and I don't remember BIS being down due to upgrades since it's announcement. I believe last time they went down was for 4.5 if I'm not mistaken. I was all kinds pissed off that day because I didn't remember and I couldn't downlaod any attachments for the life of me.
    05-25-09 07:11 PM
    for people who haven't had a keyboard blackberry the shortcuts section is a good section to read..
    05-25-09 07:21 PM
    Last I heard it was going to ship with 4.7.1 which would make sense because I don't think anyone has fully impemented a BES 5.0 server and I don't remember BIS being down due to upgrades since it's announcement. I believe last time they went down was for 4.5 if I'm not mistaken. I was all kinds pissed off that day because I didn't remember and I couldn't downlaod any attachments for the life of me.
    That's odd, I could definitely be wrong, but I think I heard that, while yes, the 9630 in development was using 4.7, when it launches for sale it would have 5.0. I guess that the only person who can really answer this question would be Crucial Xtreme?
    05-26-09 10:11 AM
    Awesome find BBZax! Thanks!
    05-26-09 10:52 AM
    One thing worries me about this user guide, if it is in fact real. Every section on GPS starts off with a warning that some carriers may have GPS capabilities disabled. Assuming the manual is legit, why would this warning be present unless some carriers DO in fact have GPS disabled?

And if "some carriers" have it disabled, "some carriers" is probably VZW... I know GPS works on pre-production models running on GSM networks, but who's to say it won't be locked down on the final version? Could unlocked GPS be a Storm-only experiment?

Not that it matters to me really. I'll wait for the Tour to release, wait for some official reviews, and if the GPS is hampered in any way, I'll be off Verizon faster than a prom dress off a... well, you get the point =P.
    05-26-09 11:03 AM
    One thing worries me about this user guide, if it is in fact real. Every section on GPS starts off with a warning that some carriers may have GPS capabilities disabled. Assuming the manual is legit, why would this warning be present unless some carriers DO in fact have GPS disabled?

And if "some carriers" have it disabled, "some carriers" is probably VZW... I know GPS works on pre-production models running on GSM networks, but who's to say it won't be locked down on the final version? Could unlocked GPS be a Storm-only experiment?

Not that it matters to me really. I'll wait for the Tour to release, wait for some official reviews, and if the GPS is hampered in any way, I'll be off Verizon faster than a prom dress off a... well, you get the point =P.
    Don't worry, it'll be unlocked.
    05-26-09 01:19 PM
    if they locked the GPS there would be a uproar that storm users get it and tour users don't.. So I highly doubt it will be locked...or any other berry that comes out on VZW.
    05-26-09 01:29 PM
    I agree I think its just a generic warning not aimed at the 9630 at all
    05-26-09 02:21 PM
    The way people are talking, all of the manuals look like this...so its not fake!
    05-26-09 02:23 PM
    Seriously thou, who reads the manual? All the info and help you need is right here at Crackberry.com!
    05-26-09 03:16 PM
    Seriously thou, who reads the manual? All the info and help you need is right here at Crackberry.com!

the shortcut part is nice in the manual..

Yes there is a ton of information right here but there is so much information that sometimes for basic things its easier to page into a small manual haha
    05-26-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD