OK I screwed up...

I am at work and I brought my laptop with me so I can install .191 (it is quiet in my office today so I figured why not)

But I was working and I was not paying attention to my laptop and I didn't realize I didn't have the laptop plugged in. It went into hibernation in the middle of installing .191 to my phone. When I realized this I quickly tried to revive the pc but when it came back on DM told me there was an error loading the OS and now my phone wont turn on.

I tried turning it on in safe mode but it is not working. All I see is a blinking red LED light. the screen is blank and the phone wont boot up.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this without bringing it back to Verizon and getting a new Tour? I won't be able to leave the office until five but I want to save myself the trouble of going into the store. I do not care if the phone is wiped because I have everything backed up through smrtguard and on my computer but I just want to get it working again.

Battery pulls, safe mode, simply using the power button... None of this worked.

Any other suggestions?
    08-29-09 10:15 AM
    I would say follow the instructions in any of the 100+ threads of reviving a dead blackberry.
    08-29-09 10:32 AM
    I would say follow the instructions in any of the 100+ threads of reviving a dead blackberry.
    Thank you for the very informative answer but the conventional ways aren't working.

By the way I should of added if you have nothing useful to say don't waste a post just to up your post count. Thank you.
    Last edited by HeroBerry; 08-29-09 at 10:40 AM.
    08-29-09 10:34 AM
    Verizon has no obligation to provide support for a leaked OS. Furthermore, installing an unofficial OS voids your warranty. The local store people may or may not figure out that that's what you've done, so you may be able to convince them to give you a new Tour, but they are within their rights not to do so. Your best hope is to perform the recovery process from the How To and FAQ forum, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

It may take more than one attempt to get your device to connect.
    08-29-09 10:42 AM
    08-29-09 10:46 AM
    I know that an unofficial OS voids the warranty but there is no way of telling that it's the problem when the phone wont even turn on. Don't tell me no one in the CB nation has pulled the 'poor naive blackberry user' bit before, going into a store and playing dumb to get a new phone. Besides I know most of the tech support at the store and they'll switch it out no questions asked I just want to avoid a trip out there. Plus I don't like it when I can't fix something myself.

And this isn't the first time I have bricked a berry. With my Storm I was always tinkering around with the OS. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't but I always fixed it if it was nuked. This time it isn't working. Not even the steps in BlackBerry 101 series.

It stops at 'waiting for device initialization' and it says 'unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.' I never encountered that problem before.
    08-29-09 11:04 AM
    You might as well try to get a new one if all else fails. I know how bad your damn trackball is too..lol
    08-29-09 11:34 AM
    You might as well try to get a new one if all else fails. I know how bad your damn trackball is too..lol
    Leave my trackball out of this Joe lol. I've been trying to avoid it. I have so many apps that need new activation codes then. Plus I don't want to go until 6 before I get my phone.
    08-29-09 11:40 AM
    This same thing happened to me and a few other people yesterday, just uninstall .191 from your computer, then download and install 4.7 again and load it through Desktop Manager.
    08-29-09 11:44 AM
    This same thing happened to me and a few other people yesterday, just uninstall .191 from your computer, then download and install 4.7 again and load it through Desktop Manager.
    thank you Mclaughh I'll try that out
    08-29-09 12:54 PM
    Still not working... I can't figure out what is wrong and why I can't fix it
    08-29-09 01:16 PM
    Uninstall DM and the leak. Load DM from your CD, download .140 from blackberry.com and install that version. Then run loader from common files directory. It may take several tries. Eventually it will take. .191 is more like a virus than an update. People all over are bricking their Tours. Success is like 10 in a 100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 01:44 PM
    Still not working... I can't figure out what is wrong and why I can't fix it
    Don't worry, you'll be able to get it working. I got the same error message you have due to .191 and nothing would connect to my device, not even jl_cmder. What I did was go to control panel > add/remove programs and uninstall the BB .191 OS. There were 2 files I had to uninstall associated with the new OS, you may only have one but make sure. Then go to this link BlackBerry® Software Updates and download and install the 4.7 OS. Then run loader.exe or Desktop Manager > Application Loader and it will recognize it and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work a safe bet would just be to completely uninstall Desktop Manager and download it again as lab said.
    08-29-09 02:08 PM
    Thanks guys... I'm still stuck in my office for the next three hours and can't leave to hit verizon until then so I'm going to keep trying.

Deleting everything now and going to try to start from scratch.
    08-29-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD