Hey I found someone in town selling a Tour and I was wondering if i bought this for $100 would Verizon still warranty the phone if it has any issues?
    08-26-09 01:28 PM
    No they wouldn't. That phone could be broke/stolen anything for all they know. There is NO warranty on a customer provided phone.
    08-26-09 01:30 PM
    if someone is selling it for $100 I would be suspicious. bad ESN?
    08-26-09 01:31 PM
    For sure any time you buy ANY phone from ANYONE have them send you the esn first just to be safe
    08-26-09 01:33 PM
    NO I am going to check the ESN number first but they bought an Iphone and just want to get rid of the Tour.
    08-26-09 01:33 PM
    NO I am going to check the ESN number first but they bought an Iphone and just want to get rid of the Tour.
    I'd buy it just for the parts.
    08-26-09 01:34 PM
    well technically verizon wont honor the warranty if they know/check, but they usually NEVER do that.

Also RIM still warranties the product.
    08-26-09 01:35 PM
    Idk that's too cheap if u ask me! Find out first...
    08-26-09 01:36 PM
    I will check the ESN. I guess I can wait until October when I can get an upgrade to be on the safe side. I just don't know if I can hold out...haha.
    08-26-09 01:42 PM
    I will check the ESN. I guess I can wait until October when I can get an upgrade to be on the safe side. I just don't know if I can hold out...haha.
    Offer to meet them at the Verizon store. While there activate and then pay them.
    08-26-09 03:15 PM
    I agree with meeting them at vzw. Heard some guy bought a tour off of craigslist and checked the esn. It came up as clear but after the guy bought it, the seller claimed it stolen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 03:29 PM
    Offer to meet them at the Verizon store. While there activate and then pay them.
    You should take this advice since most people with bad ESN wont meet at a Verizon store. Whatever you decided to do, if you buy a phone used and not through Verizon then they technically wont honor any type of warranty or insurance.
    08-26-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD